US Mailers! 1st Class Rates go up on Jan 22, 2023

I just learned that the rates for first class envelopes (one ounce or less) are going up in January. Now is a good time to start stocking up on Forever Stamps if you mail a lot! You can order online if you don’t want to go to the post office and there is a small handling fee (which might counter the rise in prices if you order only small amounts). I didn’t see mention of prices going up for international or non-machinable.

8 Likes

Good to know. I’ll pick some up while I’m out and about today.

1 Like

thanks for the heads up. I recently ordered a bunch online; found some cute Day of the Dead stamps!

2 Likes

Thanks for the notification! Just ordered some.

1 Like

I need to grab some this weekend!

If anybody has paypal, paypal’s shipping is cheaper than the post office for packages!

2 Likes

I need to look into that again. Last time I tried, it seemed like I could only buy shipping for items I’d taken payment for through them.

You don’t need a product…“create new quick label”. It is at the right upper corner…

3 Likes

Wow! Thanks for the tip!

How rude of them to choose our birthday for such malarkey!

2 Likes

The noive!

1 Like

I don’t think raising prices every year is the way to do it. One part of me thinks if they invested in other forms of energy for their buildings and trucks… maybe not have weekend deliveries…

They’re going to price themselves out. I wouldn’t be surprised if they raised rates for everything else a few months into 2023. Priority is insanity and it’s not even guaranteed to get there in 3-4 days.

I agree…curbing weekend deliveries, except maybe for medications, could easily save tons of money.

1 Like

Post is not delivered on weekends here. No complaints.

1 Like

I don’t get much actual mail, mostly junk, many days nothing at all. Might be good to go to MWF deliveries.
Old novels talk about mail being delivered twice a day in London. But that was before telephones, much less the internet.

1 Like

Mail used to be delivered twice a day in the USA and more for businesses.

I think junk mail is happening because of spam blockers for email, messaging, and telephone calls. Gotta get that car warranty and apply for Camp Lejeune benefits somehow…

The post office depends on junk mail. Even with their discounts the volume of junk helps keep the PO going.

Its like ads on TV. I pay the cable company (like I pay for stamps), but still get the ads.

1 Like