Use it or lose it! A sharing and caring gift-along

Oh my gosh! It’s like the best thrift shop ever! I had to remind myself not to be a hoarder. :rofl:

4 Likes

Same here…seeing stuff reminded me that I also have some of the same stuff…why do I get excited over other people’s stuff when I have my own? No idea! :rofl:

7 Likes

I am looking for embroidered linens, pieces of embroidered cloth, etc. They don’t need to be usable as linens or whole items - I am making a patchwork item.

Examples:

Offering:
-bag of various elastic. The white would be good for masks.

-various chenille stems (“pipecleaners”)

Offering up items from the vintage embroidery stash i inherited!

Books

Newest addition: vintage “people’s friend” pamphlet.

2 Catalogs of designs:

Projects/kits

In progress rea towel

“Hang in there” kit, all contents there, opened but untouched.

Crewel stool cover or pillow: started, all contents included

Two Christmas kits, unopened.

Crewel pillow kit. Opened but all contents included.

Napkins. One partially stitched, the others printed but not stitched.

Tools (2 crochet hooks & 1 rug hooking hook)

Aida fabric, blue, unsure of #. 1.5 yards

Stamps

Embroidery floss! Different brands, all 6-stranded.

Pearl cotton, 12 balls size 8.

Crewel embroidery yarn

Big stretched project partially stitched. Includes frame to be used on future projects! For shipping I will unstitch a couple sides & collapse it, to ship it in a tube.

Small stitching frame, with work in progress. Remove it to use the frame for your project.

Finished projects:
Handkerchief, sealed in bag. Two tiny framed projects.

Claimed:

(Korssting book is claimed, leaving photo here for enjoying)

Learn how book claimed

7 Likes

@Camelama your list makes 25 participants!
Wow, we are a fully-loaded bunch of crafters, lol.

2 Likes

I added a bunch of odd wood cutouts

1 Like

(Edits in order top to bottom)

Message me with your address if anything looks useful for you.

International ok.

I’ll post more as I have available funds for shipping and get through more of the organizing, so peek back from time to time.

ETA: OFFERING:

Various crochet cottons:

Still available: 3 Gray, 1 Black

ETA: SEEKING:

Alan Dart literary toy patterns
Not a craft item, but figured I’d put it out to the universe: A decent copy of Pollyanna by Eleanor H. Porter. Preferably one from before 1950.

@Magpie you’re the bomb! Thanks for wrangling this!
Has anyone posted in the destash along thread telling about this??

3 Likes

Great idea! I am gonna watch stupid TV with the man, please share wherever you think there might be interest :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I am truly appalled at how much novelty yarn I have…does anyone want any for art use? I guess I bought whole skeins just to use a little bit…

Does anybody want some? I am only through one bin…see pic in my list

2 Likes

I think @audity was looking for eyelash yarn

2 Likes

yes, she already contacted me! Thanks…I am sending her the picture shown

1 Like

I just realized that most of us (not me…) are trying hard to reduce their stash.
So there will be a lot of offering, but not much taking, I think.
Feel free to take my offerings for your friend, sister, brother, mother, neighbor!
For anybody you know who is NOT trying to reduce their stash, LOL.

@audity, I have eyelash yarn that I don’t use. I’ll be in touch.

5 Likes

This is a lovely heartwarming thread

6 Likes

@audity (and whoever else is interested): I added eyelash yarn to my list (multiple sets)!

I also added three sheets of - be warned - naughty (!) Dutch folklore stickers. LOL

2 Likes

I can’t find your offerings. You’re not in the main list. Hyphenated. I will keep looking… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::grin:

3 Likes

Found you! lol

3 Likes

I’m mostly trying to replace what I don’t use/need with things I will that way they will get used up. So many great items here.

6 Likes

I have had zero self control & requested many items, lol. I’ve made myself a promise that I’ll use it asap to justify the collecting. You’ll see…

4 Likes

If I am asking for anything, it is because I need to finish some projects or want to do a project and don’t want to get more stuff…so I appreciate that people are willing to send stuff through happy mail or small packets…

and, conversely, if I can help, that is great!

I wrapped several cards of yarn samples last night and even though it did not make a huge dent, it did make me organize and realize that I can continue to do this and offer them for a while! I even found some yarn that I needed for a project…so this thread is quite helpful!

3 Likes

Does anybody have white eyelash or other fuzzy/fluffy yarn? I wanted some to crochet Old Man Cactus but could never find any.

yes…

1 Like