Use it or lose it! A sharing and caring gift-along

This is what I’ve got. I’m happy to post overseas if they’ll get used. They’ve been doing nothing for far too long

3 Likes

That sounds fun

2 Likes

Are you looking for seed beads?

It’s sweet of you, and I would use them. But it really doesn’t make sense to me, for you to spend that much on overseas postage when I’m sure someone closer to you could also use them.

@AIMR, I’m not necessarily looking for seed beads, but do use them regularly. And I try not to buy new if I can help it… Occasionally I have to, if I need a very specific color.

2 Likes

It shouldn’t cost too much to post. I have your address from Happy Mail so I’ll get them to you over the next week. :smiley:

5 Likes

Behold! My stuff.
PM ME YOUR FULL ADDRESS AND WHAT YOU WANT (please take everything). :green_heart:

Cling stamps
(far right taken “thinking of you”)

Rubber stamps

(irish flag taken)

I’m looking for:
*Orange buttons
*Black buttons
*Purple buttons
*Black or orange ephemera (think Halloween)
*Halloween scrapbooking paper, 2.5x3.5 inch or larger
*Halloween whatever
*Yarn pom poms, doesn’t matter size
*Mah-Jong tiles
*Black or orange ribbon, 0.5 inch or slimmer
*Thimbles
*Star charms
*Felt circles in orange or black
*Rummikub tiles

Thank you!

9 Likes

Was someone here looking for Little Golden Books? If so, I have some from school - cleaning all the shelves.

1 Like

Hey @Smmarrt
There are a few from my childhood I would like, if you’ve got a copy of any of these?
Poky Little Puppy
Saggy Baggy Elephant
The Little Red Hen
Fuzzy Duckling

And my ultimate fave, I love everything about this book. Tawny Scrawny Lion. One time I found a fabric panel of that story & sewed up a soft book for a friend with a new baby. I mailed it to her with some other handmade things but the parcel was stolen off her porch, heartbreaking.

4 Likes

I need something, but it’s not crafty.
Rob has recently discovered the pressure cooker & he’s been searching for an old cookbook with pressure cooker recipes. NOT INSTAPOT! That’s all he can find & it’s not what he wants. An old book from before those were invented.
Anybody got such a thing they’re willing to part with? I’d pay for shipping or happily trade something.

2 Likes

Do you have the one with Grover from Sesame Street? I think it’s called something about “There’s a Monster at the End of this Book!” I’d also be interested in some holiday-related ones.

4 Likes

That was my favorite!! It’s actually the only book I still have from my childhood. I’m not sure how popular of a book it was so I always get so excited whenever someone else mentions it.

3 Likes

There’s a sequel with Elmo :wink:

1 Like

I have a few Little Golden books, I’ll check to see if i have any of those.

1 Like

I’ll look when I get to school but I don’t think so.

1 Like

I’ll look but I don’t think so.

1 Like

THANK YOU! It’s a long shot, as I think Kidz Theez Daiz are more about Elmo than Grover. Sigh.

@photojenn YES! So much fun! Other than Rudolf, it’s the only one I remember from being little.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure my friend has that at her school library for kids to check out still. I think I remember seeing it in circulation. Or else she purchased it last year and I processed it. The favorite character I heard my friends’ kid talk about was COOKIE MONSTER!!! That was exactly how they said it, in a deep voice with lots of volume.
I LOVED teeny little super guy! Stop-animation was/is magic.

3 Likes

This is completely adorable, I love it.

4 Likes

My husband loved The Tawny Scrawny Lion and There’s A Monster at the End of This Book as a kid. I never read those ones, but he talks about them. He was thrilled when his parents brought Ada a new copy of Tawny Scrawny a couple months ago. I should look for Monster at the End for him as a surprise.

4 Likes

@Smmarrt, If there are any non-Disney holiday ones, I would be interested.

@magpie, I was at a garage sale last weekend, and picked up a lovely copy of The Fuzzy Duckling. But when I got it home, I noticed it has an odor. I was going to donate it, because I didn’t want to deal with trying to get rid of the odor. If you want to try, I can send it to you.

2 Likes