Use it or lose it! A sharing and caring gift-along

I added some stuff to my list.
Looking for high quality soft pastels nubs. I don’t need much. Trying to blush dolls.

2 Likes

Will oil pastels do?

1 Like

Its gotta be chalk but powder makeup also works!

I use my own blush powder on my little dolls…but I also have chalk powdered pastels…just have to find them…@gozer…I don’t think I threw them out but they were pretty used up…let me go check!

Yes, I have some you can have–there are six different shades of blush colors…I will send them all to you. My husband used to do pastel portraits so this is a set of skin tones that should work for your dolls.

6 Likes

lol my guest room is turning into a shipping station!!

6 Likes

Please message me if you are interested if anything.

My home is very pet friendly just a heads up for anyone with strong allergies.

Offering
Cricut cartridges. Unlinked. They have been sitting in my closet for years but I believe they still work. The plastic/rubber on the cartridges are sticky from age.

More stamps. Every time I do another sort of my stash I find more to pass on.
*Snowflake stamp and cursive text claimed

Looking for

• Jo-Ann Sensations in purple or midnight jewels color way. This yarn is discontinued unfortunately. I had several skeins in my stash so decided to make a throw but it is smaller than I like.
7 Likes

Aw, what a shame that your husband stopped drawing portraits!

I have drawn portraits (for money) in the past too, but with colored pencils (from photo’s).
(I had to stop because my hands hurt too much.)

4 Likes

Oh my goodness! This is absolutely perfect! Thank you so much. I am freaking out I am so excited!

4 Likes

@lady4feet, those stamps are beautiful!
(Not claiming them, since I have plenty myself and never use them.)

3 Likes

Just sharing a good laugh with you all…
Magpie and I were wondering why my name in the first post of this thread (in ‘the list of lists’) was not clickable (someone mentioned that to me). At first we could not figure it out.
Turns out I was listed as BeaG instead of madebyBeaG (I used to be just BeaG on the old site). And nope, I didn’t notice that either.

6 Likes

Our brains are still living back in Craftsterland, lol!

4 Likes

Looks like a tornado hit my crafting room, but seriously, I got rid of one shopping bag of yarn storage and condensed my ribbon stash to two bins instead of three!

Progress!

But, of course, I want to know what Santas you are making, @magpie…I am losing focus and want to make something as well…lol

5 Likes

Hahaha, I love those stickers. I remember staying at a hotel in Amsterdam and trying to work out which toilets were which - it was lucky they had handy labels:

After a beer or two, no-one would know the difference!!

6 Likes

Most places here don’t have designated bathrooms anymore…I sort of miss the clever signs…I wish I had taken pictures of some of the more clever ones…

1 Like

I added a few more stickers

2 Likes

I think I’ve seen that on US shows, we’re still pretty separated here, there are a few places that make it more communal, but often with some segregation. So, like a communal sink area, but different sides.

I don’t have any issue.s about communal toilets, it’s the same problem with either pattern - keeping them clean enough and having enough people to check up on that. That is a problem with many public / social areas

2 Likes

All right, I think I have searched every nook and cranny and have found and photographed all there is to find…now to clean up after myself. :slightly_smiling_face: This spring cleaning has been very productive!

I have added various things today and may add some more next week. Most of the packages im sending aren’t sealed yet, so if you want something more feel free to ask! (@audity I have to open yours back up because I just spotted some skeleton ribbon you’ll need :smile:)

In the spirit of truly destashing, I invite folks to set a deadline for claims posted here if it is stuff you really don’t want anymore. After a certain date, as far into the future as you like, you’ll take those things to a local thrift store/charity shop, day care center, etc…Freeing up space for NEW stash!

6 Likes

I’m looking to get my sleeves rolled up and do some real organizing this week so I’ll be able to put stuff up once I get past the winter’s worth of “I’ll just put this here for now” that is in front of it all.
It helps a lot when anyone is looking for stuff and they ask in a new message. Even though, Like the crafts supply addict I am, I re read the whole thread several times a day seeing a “hey, anybody have a …” message makes it so easy to get the need met. It kind of feels like we’re all in a big room crafting and passing supplies from table to table. I love that!

4 Likes

I hope people realize they don’t need to offer up anything to claim or ask for stuff. I am sure there are those who want to try a new craft and only want a tiny amount of supplies or are only into making yarn things and have nothing to offer because they are not ALL SUPPLIES hoarders…lol…

I hope anyone who needs something will speak up…after all, saying NO or not having something is not a bad thing…we are all just helping each other out.

10 Likes

Yes! Please! You’ll be doing us a favor! And I love seeing how supplies I couldn’t use get put to use by other people. And all the benefits: home delivery, staying out of the craft store, saving money, reuse, and reduced overall consumption.

5 Likes