Use it or lose it! A sharing and caring gift-along

Reserving this as my spot!

Thanks @Magpie for starting this thread so quickly!

@susieoregon are you looking for regular 6-thread embroidery floss for crochet? If yes, wow, I’m impressed. Are you looking for a certain brand?

I don’t have a massive stash, but I certainly do have things I know I’ll never use. Most of them are in the “found this when I was clearing out my MIL’s attic” category. Sometimes I buy large bags of supplies in thrift stores.

If you are interested in something from this list, please message me with your address

Gone! :grin:

4 Likes

Yes! I have been using regular 6 strand DMC floss, but I’m not married to DMC. As long as it’s in good shape (not so old that it’s starting to split) I can use it!

Here are some things I have been crocheting:

I have ideas to make little colorful seahorses and turtle keychains and storm cloud bookmarks with a bolt of lightning instead of a rainbow.

15 Likes

Oooh I love those ! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

That lettuce! :leafy_green: :hugs:

Wishes:
Bag making supplies - lobster clasps, o rings, d rings, zippers … anything along these lines, and even a very small amount, would be greatly appreciated. TIA :pray:t2:

Quilting cotton - 11 inch squares of Christmas themed quilting cotton for a special project. Thank you SO much to all of the generous LCers who have already sent me some.

Aida/Linen fabric - even small pieces, for embroidery projects

Joker playing cards - if you happen to have some lying around

Items to share:
Quilting cotton - I’m so proud of my beautiful fabric stash, I’ve been collecting for years :heart_eyes: I love that if I need to make something to someone’s tastes I’m bound to find something :relaxed: I normally only buy small pieces of fabric, so if you’re looking for a small amount of something in particular, please send me a message and I’m sure to find something to share with you.

6x6 Dinosaur paper destash: 15 pages of each, would prefer to send as one letter :slight_smile: the top one has a plain white background (it’s just a night time photo by a lamp)

Polaroid Quilt Blocks - (white border fabric, night time photo) 3 x veggies gone :ok_hand:t2:

7 Likes

It’s going in the shop the swap.

6 Likes

Ooh, I totally need some library catalog cards. :grin: My husband has his masters in library science, so we have a special place in our hearts for library ephemera here. :blush:

4 Likes

Oh-ho-HO, I can provide heartily in the area of library ephemera. :grin:

7 Likes

Oh, mercy. Look at this place already! We are lousy with supplies, lol.

I really hope people will add more request list so I can figure out what to offer first.

6 Likes

I added one thing :sweat_smile: With a :sparkles: fancy drop-down menu :sparkles: and :sparkles: pictures! :sparkles: (which apparently you’ll have to scroll up to see :wink:)

5 Likes

Would you prefer 3x9.5 inch rectangles, that way you have wiggle room?
I am more than happy to cut a piece of whatever I’m using (sans characters/fandoms or animal prints) and put it aside until I have enough to fill an envelope for you x

Also, super fancy formatting :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

so just to be clear…you would need two strips of some fabrics in order to get six diamonds…I have some larger pieces that I can get two strips out…I will pull fabrics and take pics…I am not making a lot of quilts or bags anymore and way more than I can ever use…I just want to keep smaller pieces now to do small projects and scrappy stuff…

3 Likes

Links posted, if y’all could check & make sure everything looks ok?

Would you all pls start your list post with a reminder for people to send you their address if they’d like something? Thanks!

2 Likes

@Reinikka I would love masterboards! I’m making cards for happy mail :slight_smile:
And I can send you fabric!

@susieoregon I have some variegated floss I’ll send you, I have your Happy Mail address.

@Immaculata I’ll take some fabric bits! I think I’m going to make a crumb quilt, I’ve always wanted one & it will be nice to have fabric from friends in it :). @AIMR, I’m happy to have pieces from you that are too small for other projects too.

@calluna I’d love dictionary pages, punchinella Strawberry Shortcake if you find her, & a TM patch or 2.

3 Likes

More than happy to send fabric bits…you know I use up what I can on small projects, but there is a limit of what I am able to use! I’ll do up a rainbow bag of scraps this weekend!

1 Like

Just added a bunch of charms!

3 Likes

Hey @AIMR - I would love the 7 on the left side. I can’t think of what I would use the olive colored ones for so I will say no to those for now. I have a handful of brown, but haven’t used any yet.

Thank you!!! And thank you @Magpie too!

I plan to go through my stash this weekend and take photos. I’m trying to get all my spring cleaning done this week as we have great weather, so great in fact that they have issued a wildfire warning. :confounded:

4 Likes

It is a beautiful day here but the beach warnings report rip tides and strong current…storms far away, I guess…so I am going to do some errands and then come home to work (payroll only!) and craft room clean!

Do you crochet cotton or perle cotton to crochet with? I think I have some of that as well…

lol…but as I was looking at YOUTUBE thanks to @PrincessP, I came across a cute project that called for olive yarn to make…yep, olives! lol…crochet olives!!!
Crochet Olives!

6 Likes

Oh they are too cute!!!

2 Likes

Everything that link leads to is awesome.
I have that exact green too, of course I do, haha.

1 Like

lol I know…I have to stop myself from looking at all the things or else I will buy more stuff or take stuff back…but I am sitting here crocheting olives with the thread @susieoregon said she did not want…lol

3 Likes