Use it or lose it! A sharing and caring gift-along

Okay! Finally getting this started. I have a TON more but right now here is a little snippet.

Stamps! The skull stamp is claimed.

18ct aida cream 3 cut 18x15 inch pieces

Plastic needlepoint canvas coaster blanks:

New stuff as of 6.10

Cotton fabric

Two cross stitch/embroidery bibs with floss. One is partially done.

Friendship bracelet floss

Baby quilt to cross stitch

In search of:
patterned contact paper
old letters

6 Likes

It could be hollow, and serve as storage for a small red lap-blanket you stuff inside!

I sent out a couple parcels today. The postal staff informed me that when sending internationally, the flat rate box almost always costs MORE than the regular USPS priority mail boxes. That’s news to me, but it did save me $20 on shipping! Of course, if you’re sending heavy stuff, flat rate would make more sense.

9 Likes

Holy crap that’s genius.

4 Likes

I have a red blanket! A fleecy one, it’s in the boy’s room. OMG, that is brilliant, I am going to do it!

6 Likes

Next, use that to store a pair of those huge wooden knitting needles (sticking out like a toothpick)

5 Likes

Oh this is a good idea I have a bunch of things I haven’t used and likely won’t ever use for scrap booking. I will have to see what I have.

2 Likes

lol I am just worried that as I go through my stuff to find things to give away, I will be extremely distracted and want to make something…I am going to carry a notebook and write it down and then write down the supply and where it is…it will take me forever to pass stuff along if I keep finding new stuff!

6 Likes

I have also found that if you use PayPal Shipping, you get a bit of a break…it is only about 50 cents but it adds up! As long as you have a scale and a printer, it is great to use and it provides tracking if you put in an email (I put mine in…an it sends me messages when it gets shipped, delivered, etc.)

You must have a PayPal account to use it.

3 Likes

Message me with your address.

1 & 2: JUST ONE LEFT!
I have a thing to list! Well, two nearly identical things: 2 collections of “journaling cards” from printed cardstock pads. I went though ALL my single-sided pads and took out all the pages with these kinds of “cards” and cut them all apart. There are over 60 pcs in each set which include inspirational/motivational pieces, travel/vacation pieces, seasonal/holiday pieces. Holidays include Valentine’s, Halloween (lots!), Dia de los Muertos, Thanksgiving, Christmas (lots!). This is once batch - the other is nearly identical as the pads some with 2 sheets of each pattern, but sometimes I had used a card or two from one of the pages. I photographed only one since they are almost exactly the same. They’re all hand cut with scissors; I was careful, but not perfect.

JournalCards

Adding these streamers made from 1.5" scalloped circles, hand punched from cardstock scraps sewn together by machine. Each are a different length and wherever I wrote down those lengths is a mystery to me! I’d love to give these a home that is not my craft closet.

TWO NEW ADDITIONS! Both of these are made either leftover bits from a project or made from scraps of that project.

Buncha spooky autumn-y tags, all smaller than usual, mostly double thickness cardstock.

Some tags (autumn leaves with skulls and spider webs backed with black/grey stripes) and a ~25 scalloped circles in two papers: autumn leaves with skulls and spider webs backed with black/grey stripes and solid black.

9 Likes

Hey @Renstar :smiley: Absolutely just the jokers from the pack :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I would love a few of your keychains if they would be cheap enough to ship @susieoregon? If not, maybe they could sneak into our next swap package :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I’ll look into it!!!

:black_joker:

2 Likes

Theoretically I can send a 2 ounce letter up to 1/4” thickness. They are a little less than that so I’ll tape 3-4 of them into a card (for stability), drop it in the mail and see what happens!

I have your address.

6 Likes

Thank you!! :smiley:

1 Like

I’m not active in this thread rn but I want to save this space for when I have some more stuff.

9 Likes

Sounds wonderful! I’ll PM you :smiley:

1 Like

Searching For:

• fabric pieces 22in x 6in, 6in x 8in, 42in x 6in

Have to Offer: (US ONLY)

• nothing atm
4 Likes

Thanks for the UK postage rates @Renstar, I’ve added those as well as all participants thus far (including you @TheMistressT for whenever you might be ready to jump on board!)
Would y’all kindly check your link in the first post to see that it’s working correctly?

And as a reminder to all, please start your list post with : “Message me with your address” or I’m sure to get requests for your info. Thanks peeps!
I’ll get some photos up this weekend. I have so much stuff to offer, my gosh. Endless good times!

3 Likes

I plan on cutting fabrics and going through my stash of fabrics…I do quilts for Wounded Warriors and have scraps and leftovers of R,W,B…no sure if I have large pieces that you need, but you could use the red for your hexies…

How thick piping stuff do you need? I have some cording that I use to make piping…it is black but it worked for me just fine…it is to make small piping…

I am looking for small amounts of clay but the kind that does not dry up until you bake it…I want to make some faces for spirit dolls and small pots for my miniature plants but really don’t want to buy anything right now…

2 Likes

I’m not sure if I have anything like that, but I’ll check. Do they have to be solid colored or with a print that is all or mostly all those colors?

@susieoregon would you like some masterboards? I think they count as colorful papers for collage :wink: I can send some with your next Happy Mail

I’m sure I have more that people have asked for but it’s early and I’m still on my first cup of coffee so I’ll re-check lists later :wink:

2 Likes