Use it or lose it! A sharing and caring gift-along

Oh, you know I LIKE FABRIC!!! LOL.

2 Likes

For those of you who have contacted me with claims: I will get back at you tomorrow!
It is evening over here and time for me to step away from my computer.

1 Like

@AIMR I have sculpey I can spare. Most of the packages are already open but I could send you like one block of each, it’s like 1/4 of the regular package. I also have 4 oz of white. I bought them last christmas (i think) and they’re still fine to use I just didn’t really do much with it. As for the piping, any amount or size is fine. I use it for all kinds of stuff. For fabric, I gave up on the hexie quilt like 100 years ago but anything you have that’s enough for a 6.5" triangle would be greatly appreciated.
@Reinikka here’s a pic of some of the ones I already have. So yea, you’ve pretty much got it!
I’ll PM you both.

1 Like

I would love a few of your fabulous master boards! Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Looking for:

bicone roller

2 Likes

So I discovered today that sending packages from Europe to countries outside of Europe got a lot more complicated last year (sending anything that isn’t a piece of paper, that is).
I need to fill in two forms, need your phone number and e-mail address, have to buy bigger envelopes, so I can stick the huge custom forms to them (I have dozens of smaller padded envelopes in stock from when I used to run an Etsy shop), and can no longer dump the package in the letterbox (I also have dozens of stamps in stock), but have to hand it over inside the post office, so they can enter all the info from the forms in their computer. Sigh. All of this hassle for gifting some small cheap crafting materials.
Well okay then! Bring it on!

Aw, and my darling Marc offered to fill in the papers and take the packages to the post office for me, since he is working from home now most of the time anyway.

Please don’t hold back, even when you’re outside Europe!
I really LOVE sending my surplus crafting materials to loving homes!

7 Likes

What a pain in the bum! It’s similar here, and Canada post tracking doubles the price as well. UPS is a good alternative for small parcels in Canada or to the US, I’m not sure about Europe but I may find out depending on who claims my stuff!

1 Like

You guys…seriously, if it that much hassle, I don’t think anyone here is going to hold it against you if you back out…this is an informal thing and not a set in cement agreement. I certainly don’t want it to be a problem for anyone…financially, mentally, physically, etc.

11 Likes

I work the cost in to my overall crafting budget, learned that from @Edel!

3 Likes

It’s the same in the NL, the rules changed last year. We need to fill in the forms online, then you get a barcode in your email, that is then scanned at the post office. Every item needs to be listed and weighed seperately. We can still put paper-only mail in the post box. They are making it harder and harder to send international mail, it makes swapping less fun :slightly_frowning_face: . I don’t think it’s even possible now to send a parcel outside of the EU without going on the internet first.

2 Likes

I added some more supplies to my list this morning.

2 Likes

Please message me with an address if you’re interested in anything!

Items are from a cat-friendly, smoke-free home. I’d prefer to ship within the US right now (items that fit in an envelope can be mailed anywhere).

Available items:

• Monopoly cards (not complete sets) & half of houses/hotels
  • stitcher’s GPS (reusable pattern marking stickers)
  • assortment of bottlecaps

~

Looking for:

• (nothing right now)
5 Likes

Ooh, ooh, the money!!!

2 Likes

I have updated my post, finally. I’m still going through things but it’s a start. Link to post.

2 Likes

Oh my gosh! It’s like the best thrift shop ever! I had to remind myself not to be a hoarder. :rofl:

4 Likes

Same here…seeing stuff reminded me that I also have some of the same stuff…why do I get excited over other people’s stuff when I have my own? No idea! :rofl:

7 Likes

I am looking for embroidered linens, pieces of embroidered cloth, etc. They don’t need to be usable as linens or whole items - I am making a patchwork item.

Examples:

Offering:
-bag of various elastic. The white would be good for masks.

-various chenille stems (“pipecleaners”)

Offering up items from the vintage embroidery stash i inherited!

Books

Newest addition: vintage “people’s friend” pamphlet.

2 Catalogs of designs:

Projects/kits

In progress rea towel

“Hang in there” kit, all contents there, opened but untouched.

Crewel stool cover or pillow: started, all contents included

Two Christmas kits, unopened.

Crewel pillow kit. Opened but all contents included.

Napkins. One partially stitched, the others printed but not stitched.

Tools (2 crochet hooks & 1 rug hooking hook)

Aida fabric, blue, unsure of #. 1.5 yards

Stamps

Embroidery floss! Different brands, all 6-stranded.

Pearl cotton, 12 balls size 8.

Crewel embroidery yarn

Big stretched project partially stitched. Includes frame to be used on future projects! For shipping I will unstitch a couple sides & collapse it, to ship it in a tube.

Small stitching frame, with work in progress. Remove it to use the frame for your project.

Finished projects:
Handkerchief, sealed in bag. Two tiny framed projects.

Claimed:

(Korssting book is claimed, leaving photo here for enjoying)

Learn how book claimed

7 Likes

@Camelama your list makes 25 participants!
Wow, we are a fully-loaded bunch of crafters, lol.

2 Likes

I added a bunch of odd wood cutouts

1 Like

(Edits in order top to bottom)

Message me with your address if anything looks useful for you.

International ok.

I’ll post more as I have available funds for shipping and get through more of the organizing, so peek back from time to time.

ETA: OFFERING:

Various crochet cottons:

Still available: 3 Gray, 1 Black

ETA: SEEKING:

Alan Dart literary toy patterns
Not a craft item, but figured I’d put it out to the universe: A decent copy of Pollyanna by Eleanor H. Porter. Preferably one from before 1950.

@Magpie you’re the bomb! Thanks for wrangling this!
Has anyone posted in the destash along thread telling about this??

3 Likes