Use it or lose it! A sharing and caring gift-along

so just to be clear…you would need two strips of some fabrics in order to get six diamonds…I have some larger pieces that I can get two strips out…I will pull fabrics and take pics…I am not making a lot of quilts or bags anymore and way more than I can ever use…I just want to keep smaller pieces now to do small projects and scrappy stuff…

3 Likes

Links posted, if y’all could check & make sure everything looks ok?

Would you all pls start your list post with a reminder for people to send you their address if they’d like something? Thanks!

2 Likes

@Reinikka I would love masterboards! I’m making cards for happy mail :slight_smile:
And I can send you fabric!

@susieoregon I have some variegated floss I’ll send you, I have your Happy Mail address.

@Immaculata I’ll take some fabric bits! I think I’m going to make a crumb quilt, I’ve always wanted one & it will be nice to have fabric from friends in it :). @AIMR, I’m happy to have pieces from you that are too small for other projects too.

@calluna I’d love dictionary pages, punchinella Strawberry Shortcake if you find her, & a TM patch or 2.

3 Likes

More than happy to send fabric bits…you know I use up what I can on small projects, but there is a limit of what I am able to use! I’ll do up a rainbow bag of scraps this weekend!

1 Like

Just added a bunch of charms!

3 Likes

Hey @AIMR - I would love the 7 on the left side. I can’t think of what I would use the olive colored ones for so I will say no to those for now. I have a handful of brown, but haven’t used any yet.

Thank you!!! And thank you @Magpie too!

I plan to go through my stash this weekend and take photos. I’m trying to get all my spring cleaning done this week as we have great weather, so great in fact that they have issued a wildfire warning. :confounded:

4 Likes

It is a beautiful day here but the beach warnings report rip tides and strong current…storms far away, I guess…so I am going to do some errands and then come home to work (payroll only!) and craft room clean!

Do you crochet cotton or perle cotton to crochet with? I think I have some of that as well…

lol…but as I was looking at YOUTUBE thanks to @PrincessP, I came across a cute project that called for olive yarn to make…yep, olives! lol…crochet olives!!!
Crochet Olives!

6 Likes

Oh they are too cute!!!

2 Likes

Everything that link leads to is awesome.
I have that exact green too, of course I do, haha.

1 Like

lol I know…I have to stop myself from looking at all the things or else I will buy more stuff or take stuff back…but I am sitting here crocheting olives with the thread @susieoregon said she did not want…lol

3 Likes

Hahaha! That is hilarious and the way of craft I think. Those olives are adorable - mini martinis!

I have used perle cotton and I love it. I’ve been considering cotton crochet thread, but I’m not sure I’m there yet. I always hated doilies, but I’ve been seeing some really cool ones (with skulls!) if you have black or a white/cream maybe I could try making that skull one.

2 Likes

I even have the skull pattern bookmarked but I have arthritis in my hands and am having problems with small crochet…I can do it for a little while, but I lose patience with a larger project…I used to make crochet earring with perle cotton…I love it as well, but again, tiny crochet!

I am sticking to larger projects like scarves, hats and blankets.

3 Likes

Why I don’t clean out my supplies more often…what? squirrel!!!

16 Likes

Oh yes… wiggle room is great! 2 1/2" is already a little more than I need but I didn’t think about the length when I was typing it up last night, I’ll edit that! Thanks :slight_smile: Any amount 2 1/2" x 9 1/2" or bigger is fine with me, I have plastic guides just for cutting diamonds for this project and any extra can go to another project :heart:

Yup :slight_smile: Any as long as I can get three I’m happy but six would also be great (or nine, or twelve… :wink:)

I’ll stick some in with my next letter to you! :smile:

4 Likes

I added some stickers to my list and an example picture of ATC envelopes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

(Edited March 11, 2022)

I have send out a whopping 22 packages in total and have loved doing so!

Since sending out packages from Belgium to the rest of the world has become so expensive and such a hassle, I decided to put the remaining stuff back into my Room Of Requirement (that is still bursting at the seams…).

Feel free to take a plane and come browsing in my Room of Requirement for yourself! LOL

And thanks again for everyone who sent me goodies in return!

In the meantime I am really enjoying sending (and receiving) Happy Mail!
(See the Happy Mail Craftalong thread.)

7 Likes

If you have finished objects that you’d like to pass along, please feel free to offer them.
I think anybody wanting to make objects might take a look at the Shop The Swap that’s currently active, that’s a great place to list already made or custom to-be-made items. I’m thinking about joining for this round if I can get an idea put together in time. I’m sort of excited about that, I think it will be fun!

FYI all the peoples, I’m adding a drop-down menu with shipping costs in the first post here so you can see the postage for small envelops from US and Canada. If somebody wants to let me know if there is the same rate from Europe to the US and Canada, I’d be happy to add that. I’m not sure but I assume it’s different from Germany, Ireland, England, etc.

5 Likes

I love this! It makes me happy to see our crafty items are going to good homes. I have a ton of stickers and stamps that need some love. I will work on my list and such later this week. Thank you so much @Magpie for doing this! It builds an ever stronger crafty community.

@Magpie do you want me to use this post as my reserved spot when I get my crafty items together?

5 Likes

Just the Jokers from the pack??

And now a starter for 10:

Some Purple / black yarn. 2 x 100g and 1 x 71g. 50% Acrylic, 50% Egyptian cotton. It’s a pretty colour and very soft

50g green alpaca roving - GONE

Various offcuts of wool fabrics, some are quite small, I can measure if people are interested

A box of paper patchwork templates (I bought 2 for no good reason!). Some have been claimed but plenty left

Various size / colour chunky zips, not dressmaking ones - I’m not expecting anyone to take them all, so take your pick and let me know, if you want any. I can measure as required. Note: I’ve used several of these in those boxy pouches. Still loads left.

7 Likes

Is it weird to suddenly want crocheted olives?

4 Likes