Use it or lose it! A sharing and caring gift-along

OH MY STARS!!! Oh i have SUCH an incredible stash to share with you all soon. I was gifted a woman’s embroidery stash after her passing. Her husband wanted a “good home” for it all and his daughter offered it up on my Buy Nothing group and I got it. OH MY STARS AND GARTERS. This woman had quite the stash! It is going to take me weeks to catalog. I am keeping the modern generic stuff I can already see makes up the bulk of her collection, but there is some lovely vintage stuff to share here, tools & fiber & projects.

She hand-stretched fabric into square frames for stitching. She has a few in-progress of those, a few in hoops, many waiting in bags to be worked on. Eeeeeee!

I will do a first pass this weekend and have things to share!

11 Likes

I am trying not to be that woman…that is why I want to control my stash now and not in the future. It saddens me in one way to know of unfinished projects and yet, there is a happy side as well…someone like you who will make use of it and share as well.

6 Likes

Ohhh! Can’t wait to see!

1 Like

I’m baaaackk you guys, I had been feeling really crappy the last couple of months because I’M PREGNANT! Barely had energy for anything and queezy ALL the time. but I’m heading into second trimester and finally feeling like myself again! YAY!

and I meant to also say I have received so many packages and letters from you guys and happy mail thread, I haven’t even had the chance to open all of them. I appreciate it all and would like to do a group THANK YOU, as I didn’t keep track of who sent what!

23 Likes

Wow! That’s such fantastic news! Congrats!

1 Like

Congrats! Glad you are feeling better! Hope the rest of the pregnancy goes well…so how is big brother taking the news? Is he excited?

1 Like

congrats!!
yippeeeee!

2 Likes

So exciting @audity!

1 Like

Congratulations, @audity !

1 Like

What exciting news!! Congratulations!! Are you due in December?

2 Likes

Congrats!!!

2 Likes

I finally have something to list! A couple 60+ piece batches of “journaling cards” culled from about a dozen printed cardstock pads!

3 Likes

Now taking “orders” for gelli print masterboards :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I’ll be making messes art for the next few days :kissing_heart:

10 Likes

I added two wonky to-list notebooks to my list.

WonkyNotebooks

Boy, am I happy I scrolled through! I saw on @Camelama 's want list something I was just recently trying to rehome and am sending to her this week! 2 pairs of vintage embroidered pillowcases that are ready to be turned into something else. And I think I might have something else to pass along, too. WOO!

14 Likes

Silly me… I purged my stamps a while ago and now I wish I still had one that’s now gone :upside_down_face: I’m looking for a “Happy Anniversary” sentiment stamp. Small enough for card making (less than 2" tall). Either classic rubber stamp or a cling stamp would be great! I will be attempting to sell cards with this sentiment, thought I should say that upfront incase it influences someone against gifting. I would also be happy to do a personal swap for one if anyone is interested? Thanks in advance! :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

I love those notebooks.

1 Like

Would you like one?

2 Likes

Well, it took me awhile to get going, but BAM! I have one thing on my list heading out and two things that I dug out of stash when I saw them on 2 ISO lists! WOO! And I have a couple things coming my way, too. EEEEEEeeeeeeee!

7 Likes

It’s awesome, right?

Mermaid shades masterboards & skater stickers from @Reinikka :grin:

13 Likes

I don’t have Happy Anniversary but if you can wait a week, I’ll check the creative reuse store next Saturday…

2 Likes