Use it or lose it! A sharing and caring gift-along

You are correct! If no one else wants them, I will take them off your hands :grin:

3 Likes

I have six bags of unused, unopened, clear O2 Cannulas (oxygen tubing). I hate to throw them away, but I don’t know what to do with them. I saw miniature food cans being made out of them on Pinterest, but I’m not really interested in making those or the glitter bracelets I also saw.
If anyone wants them or knows where I can take them instead of the trash, lmk. The company that supplied them to me when I needed oxygen after surgery wouldn’t take the unopened ones back.

2 Likes

Does the nasal part come off or is it just plain tubing? I was just thinking the other day I needed new tubing for my nebulizer. but it hooks up to a mouth piece I put my asthma solution in.

3 Likes

You might be able to cut it to make it work. We used to cut the nasals off of O2 tubing to attach it to ports on CPAP masks when I worked at the sleep lab.

Or alternatively, you could weave a basket. I’ve done that with unopened expired tubing.

3 Likes

Could it be used in a hair thing like this?

Hair pin Stick barrette

4 Likes

Dang…those were awesome!

3 Likes

I’ll get a pic of it when I find my phone :laughing:

2 Likes

Those are cool! I just found some tubing from my old aquarium that I never used. Maybe I will try this. Thanks for sharing!

4 Likes

6 Likes

I’ve covered tubing like this to make handles for things.

4 Likes

I have more stuff to give away:

Printable Label sheets like 10 or 15 feels like

Round plastic beads

Adhesive gems

7 Likes

I would take some of those stamp blocks off your hands if they’re not claimed yet.

3 Likes

You got it!

3 Likes

@fishstix43 I’d like that scout badge please, if you don’t mind mailing to Canada?

I’m interested in some patterns too, they’re all cut out already? What sizeish? I’m 5"7’ 155lbs. I can never figure out my commercial-pattern size. They’re such liars, lol.

2 Likes

If the panda book is small enough to go as lettermail I’d like it :panda_face: :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

@Magpie No problem mailing to Canada! Patch is all yours!

They’re all cut to some degree - might only be one view, might be all of them. They’re all at pattern size 16-18, which would equate to approximately US size 12-14. For reference, I’m 5’7", 225 lbs and I wear a commercial size 18, but use a sewing pattern size 22.

I can also pull the body measurements off a few if that will help you more!

3 Likes

Sure thing!

2 Likes

These arrived yesterday. Super cool!
I did t realize they were shipping from overseas. Wow! Thanks again.

A cool ATC was also in the package. Really neat and fun addition to my collection

11 Likes

Oooo I like that ATC and the idea of an echo chamber. There’s a circular spot in Babi Yar park here in Denver… I think that area is still considered Denver and not a suburb… where when you stand in the exact center and talk your voice will echo around you. Neat experience.

7 Likes

We have a similar “echo point” here in Portland at Council Crest Park.

3 Likes