Use Those Fabric Scraps Craftalong --Long Live Scraps!

I have just read through this entire thread :sweat_smile:

Looking forward to seeing even more scrappy goodness :smiley:

1 Like

@magpie is the one of the queens of scrappy projects…in fact, we seem to have a court full of members who enjoy scrappy goodies!

3 Likes

Oh yes, there are so many scrappy wizards here!

3 Likes

I would enjoy a revival of this along. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Another queen of scraps has spoken!

6 Likes

Inspiration photo:

My first sleeve:

Close ups:

I basically begged @sloth003 for her Tula Pink scraps leftover from the amazing quilt she recently posted. I integrated a few gorgeous scraps into the already in-progress sleeve.

17 Likes

OMG OMG OMG!!!

Can’t wait to see this beauty progress!! AH!!

4 Likes

Wow–fantastic work…love the stitching and scrappiness! Are you attaching it to a jacket or making the sleeve? If attaching, how?

4 Likes

AH-MAZ-ING! :clap: :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

Love love love!

2 Likes

Wow, that is going to be gorgeous!!

2 Likes

Thank you, friends!

I think I will attach it the denim sleeves with Wonder Under and then hand stitch the edges. I think that will look OK considering the scrappy style. However, I’m definitely open to suggestions. This type of DIY project is not my forte.

5 Likes

Beautiful and scrappy, the look is amazing.

2 Likes

I was thinking Wonder Under as well and maybe some lengthwise stitching at the underarm seam, shoulder, and maybe down a few places on the arm…just to make sure it doesn’t detach and shift…I did a similar thing with a denim skirt back in the day, but I think I sewed the fabric directly to the skirt, so it was a bit of a hodge podge.

3 Likes

That is going to be gorgeous! Already is gorgeous, actually.

3 Likes

Glorious… now I’m contemplating cutting out a pattern in something boring as a lining, and doing this sort of patchwork on top.

6 Likes

That’s so neat!! What a fun project!! :smiley:

2 Likes

Fabulous!!!

2 Likes

Whoa that scrappy jacket is so cool! Can’t wait to see your version @MightyMitochondria!

3 Likes

:sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon::sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon::sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny:

It’s time to vote in the All Things Being Equal - A Craft The Equinox 2022 Challenge! The poll is live through Oct 27! Choose carefully, friends!

:sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon::sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon::sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny:

1 Like