Use Those Fabric Scraps Craftalong --Long Live Scraps!

That is going to be gorgeous! Already is gorgeous, actually.

3 Likes

Glorious… now I’m contemplating cutting out a pattern in something boring as a lining, and doing this sort of patchwork on top.

6 Likes

That’s so neat!! What a fun project!! :smiley:

2 Likes

Fabulous!!!

2 Likes

Whoa that scrappy jacket is so cool! Can’t wait to see your version @MightyMitochondria!

3 Likes

:sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon::sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon::sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny:

It’s time to vote in the All Things Being Equal - A Craft The Equinox 2022 Challenge! The poll is live through Oct 27! Choose carefully, friends!

:sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon::sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon::sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny:

1 Like

I forget how long these panels were in stash but they are a fold up bag I have in my work purse now

The lining is fun!

16 Likes

Love it!

1 Like

I love it, too!!

1 Like

That bag is a fun way to use up scraps!

Love the lining…so cute!

1 Like

So kewl!! Love the fishes!! :tropical_fish: :tropical_fish: :tropical_fish:

1 Like

Do you have a pattern for the fold up ness?

1 Like

No, I just folded it and put it in a side pocket. I’m not really much for patterns :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

Hello all :slight_smile: I shared these with @Magpie and she wanted me to share them with the greater community :sweat_smile: so here goes!

Once upon a time I was desperate to practice making wrap bracelets but I didn’t have the leather cord or beads to make any… so I improvised with beads made after @Magpie’s class and fabric “twine” made extra thin. These are the only pictures I snapped because after I was done it felt too ridiculously chunky for my taste, but it was a fun experiment! And since @Magpie asked me to share, here it is :laughing:

In progress:
fabricBeads01

Action shot:
fabricBeads02

15 Likes

I love this for a lot of reasons!

You used what you had…improvised…it is scrappy…it is definitely handmade…it is colorful…

These kind of projects are a reminder to me that people around the world make things in resourceful ways…to adorn their lives with pretty things!

Thanks for sharing…

4 Likes

We decided it would be perfect for holding pencils or somesuch. A crafty bandolier, it’s the literal BEST! I’m pretty sure my scrappy sisters @Abbeeroad & @MightyMitochondria will agree :scissors: :sewing_needle:

5 Likes

Oh my gosh YES!! Loaded with paint pens, please. :smile:

That’s scraptastic @Reinikka!

3 Likes

Cable needles, row counter, maybe a ring of stitchmarkers running through a bead…

4 Likes

I ADORE these beads! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

I just pulled out my beads from the same workshop. I am going to offer them at our church craft fair strung on a black cord neclace, choose your bead(s) and length. Ought to be fun.

6 Likes