Use Those Fabric Scraps Craftalong --Long Live Scraps!

I think we are all stuck in this same weird universe of scraps growing no matter what we do!

I seriously thought about dumping every scrap I found before 2023 to test this…my theory is that there would be a bin of them by mid month no matter what…

6 Likes

I want to live under that quilt :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I’ve been looking in vain for Jill Oriane Tarlau’s book “Bindings” and getting zero hits. Any chance you’re still in touch with that family?

1 Like

I’ll reach out - the kids all graduated from our preschool but I’ll ask my boss on Tuesday.

2 Likes

I love everything about your gorgeous quilt. :heart:

2 Likes

I see it on Alibris for $47, if that helps at all

3 Likes

Yay, thank you!

That quilt was so dead easy. It’s just squares! I even cut up a wallet & a knit hat to include. There’s a hole? No worries, patches look GREAT!

5 Likes

It is an excellent quilt!! :smiley:

1 Like

On Abebooks for $45 plus $5 shipping

2 Likes

I am working on a wall hanging for my cousin. It will say Faith & Family when it is done. I messed up and everything is off-center, so I will need to add vines or something to balance it out.

9 Likes

Scrap ideas and free patterns from Ann Wood.

https://www.annwoodhandmade.com/blog/

3 Likes

Those merit badges are precious!

1 Like

I love her…that is where I got the pattern to make the Christmas tree ornaments from orphan quilt blocks!

I am doing her 100 days of stitching as well…

I love her simple style.

3 Likes

The chicks remind me of my little scrappy birds and then I remembered some hearts. I need to make more of these. The SCRAPS NEVER END!
scrappy hearts5
I just made a master scrap swatch (add the scraps to a backing and stitch the heck out of it) and then created the hearts.
scrappy hearts3

10 Likes

I remember the hearts but not the birds. Too many ideas!

1 Like

I still use the sunglasses case you made for me in this scrappy style. Love it!

1 Like

Suggest a good use for fleece scraps? I’ve got a box full of random small bits that don’t look good together.
Not stuffies, too small even for mittens…

Somebody was making covers for swiffer dusters, has anybody tried that?

2 Likes

I use small fleece scraps to make cat toys or to stuff cat toys. It makes pretty good stuffing.

4 Likes

Note to self; get cat so I can use up fleece.
Or donate toys to shelter. :heart_eyes_cat:

7 Likes

really, both options are gold. lol

5 Likes