V-shape shawl in grey, red and purple

I made this shawl for a friend, mostly last year, but finished and blocked this year. It was my first time blocking a project and I was really happy with how it came out.

I originally made a triangle shawl and used two caron cakes, but it was too small, as it fit me nicely, but my friend is bigger. I decided to frog the whole two cakes and find a different pattern.

I found this pattern which called for more yarn. I wasn’t able to find another cake in the same colourway, but I I found one with a very close matched maroon and she loves both red and purple, so it worked well.

The pattern was a pain to start (such a long chain!), but it was a nice repeating pattern and was pretty relaxing once you worked it out.

27 Likes

It’s beautiful!

1 Like

Gorgeous! The blocking picture does not give a proper sense of size - it’s like a small blanket! Nice and cozy.

2 Likes

It’s really pretty! I bet it is sooo cozy to wear, too.

1 Like

Super neat. I don’t think I have seen a V shaped shawl like this before. Lucky friend!

1 Like

Such comforting, but not sedated colors!

1 Like

Thankyou!

@Abbeeroad - the blocking mats are basically foam camping floor tiles, about 50cm wide. The way I folded it when I gifted it, my friend thought it was a blanket

@gozer - I hadn’t seen one either but it came up when I searched for larger sized shawls. I like that it has the width to go around a larger person, without being a massively long triangle tail and if you do want it longer, it’s longer all over, not just at the back.

@TheMistressT - I was so happy to find a coordinating cake that was also in one of her faves. She is a colourful 62 year old with a blue streak at the front of her hair and loves to wear bright red lipstick, so she doesn’t do sedated very often.

4 Likes

Very pretty! The colors blend nicely.

1 Like

Clever save! Looks like quite a functional shape. Great colours, the red & purple are so vibrant together.

1 Like

Fabulous! What a thoughtful gift!

1 Like

Love the shape…looks like it is easy to wear and will stay put!

You did a fab job of blending the two cakes.

1 Like

Thanks everyone :relaxed:

That looks so snuggly. I love the V shape. I’ve only made them as triangles and I think the V would be easier to wrap!

2 Likes

Great one…

1 Like

Thanks!

:star: :mermaid: Congratulations! Your superb craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :fairy: :sparkles:

1 Like

Thanks so much!

1 Like