Valentine's Day Linocut "Love Bug"

In printmaking class we’re making Valentine’s day linocuts. We could do whatever we wanted. I was unsure of what to do, but making a cockroach and writing “Love Bug” would be funny. It didn’t quite turn out the way I wanted it to, but I really am happy with my results.

The final result is red, but I also tried it out in black. I’m glad I had extra linoblocks because I had trouble figuring out how to make it. Enjoy the extra photos!!

26 Likes

It turned out great :smile:
Love the idea of a cockroach love bug.

1 Like

This is great!

1 Like

Hahaha…fun idea and great execution!

1 Like

Ha! Great Valentine! Lino can be hard. Yours turned out smooth!

2 Likes

You’re right, it is funny! And I think suitable for any time of year.

1 Like

Funny!
Looks like a soft block rather than lino, is it squishy?

1 Like

Yeah it’s squishy. My teacher called it a linocut. I’m not sure if we’re going to use the actual blocks.

Very cool! I like the red version best. It’s interesting to see the materials, too. Thanks for that.

1 Like

It’s really fun! Your lettering turned out so well, that’s not easy to do!

1 Like

So clever! Plus it turned out beautifully!

1 Like

I was expecting a cutesie ladybug when I clicked on this. A cockroach is infinitely better. This is awesome.

1 Like

:star: :mermaid: Congratulations! Your superb craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :fairy: :sparkles:

1 Like

This is fantastic! The children’s museum where we used to live had a tank of hissing cockroaches, and I always had a soft spot for them :blush:

It also makes me want to dig out my stamp carving supplies.

2 Likes

A cockroach stamp would be fantastic.

2 Likes

This is great! I love the idea, and the prints turned out cute. I’ve been wanting to try my hand at linocutting, and bought a small kit for it, but haven’t had the time. XD Now I want to try again!

1 Like

Ooh! So, so cute.
Your carved letters are amazing. It’s so hard to get letters to look the right way for me when I do any type of carving.

1 Like

We’re going to be doing more linocuts this semester so I look forward to playing with it more. It’s challenging but fun.

1 Like

How cute is this?!??

1 Like