Valentines Salted Caramel Swirl Fudge

This is what my wife will find sitting in her truck before she leaves for work, :smiley_cat:

It’s a bit softer than I hoped, but meh, it’s really really good.

Melted the caramels with two tablespoons of heavy cream to make it easier to spoon over the fudge.

2 c. Milk chocolate chips
1 c. Semisweet chocolate chips
1 can condensed milk.
1 c. 2 Tbls. Sugar
3 c. Miniture marshmallows.
6 Tbls. Salted butter
2 Tbls. Heavy cream
1+1/2 tsp. Vanilla

Heat condensed milk, cream, marshmallows, butter, and sugar in a pan til the sugar is fully disolved. Take off heat, and mix in chocolate chips and vanilla. Stir slowly til smooth.

Using a bowl on top of a small pan of water, melt 20 pieces of Werther’s caramels with 2 tablespoons of heavy cream. You wont need all the caramels, but nobody has to know what happens to the rest, :grin: (Actually, you might need all the caramels after all).

Pour the fudge into a small square dish layered with parchment paper, and spoon drip the caramel over the top. As much as you’re willing to allow the fudge eaters to get. Using a knife, slice into the fudge to create the swirling patterns. Then sprinkle a small amount of sea salt over the top, and chill in a fridge for at least three hours. 10 hours for best results. For best results, sprinkle the salt just after slicing.

I think I need to test another piece…Just to make sure it is good. :grin:

17 Likes

This will be a sweet surprise - looks tasty!

Ooooo! Yummmmmmm! This looks so scrumptious! :drooling_face:

Mmmmm!

You gotta taste it for quality control, right?
It looks amazing; bet she loves it!

1 Like

Absolutely, :grinning:

Aaaaand, I was too impatient earlier…They are perfect. Which, also gives me a couple changes to make to the recipe instructions.

1 Like

Were those edited in above???

Not the pictures, but I did change the chill time, added a note to sprinkle the salt on after they’ve been chilled and cut, and made a note that all the caramels might need to be used as it does need more caramel.

3 Likes

Yummmmm!!

What a sweet gift! These look really tasty! Thank you for providing the recipe. I hope your wife loves them!

That’s so sweet. They look scrumptious.

This looks delicious!!! I haven’t made fudge in years and I’ve never added caramel so thank you for this recipe :slight_smile:

Wow. This look amazing!!!

What a SWEET TREAT.