Veggie scraps picnic bag

@AIMR generously sent me a bunch of veggie themed fabric for a project I wanted to make for a friend and her kids. I love it all so much, every pattern is fun, the peas are my favourite. I vowed to use up all the scraps and made this bag with some of the bigger left over bits.

It’s meant to hold the actual project but I like how it turned out so much I think it’s a great stand-alone. It’s lined with a slightly smaller gingham check which I think looks quite picnicky.

There’s a second similar bag laid out and a pile of even smaller scraps to use up. I am having so much fun with this while we wait for gardening season to get going.

15 Likes

What a cute design! Makes me want a veggie garden now!

The checkered fabric is perfect…like a picnic on the farm! I love that it is a drawstring bag…they are becoming a favorite of mine!

You sure are the master of using up all the scraps! Wow!

2 Likes

I’m loving how the veggies and the picnic themes go together. Very cute! Your draw string sewing channel is very neat, love it!

1 Like

Ooooh I love this one! The veggie fabrics are great and the gingham lining is a perfect choice. I love the brown fabric too, kind of looks like earth.

1 Like

I love this! It’s so wonderful.

1 Like

@AIMR sent me that fabric too! She’s amazing :blush:

That’s so fun, I love it! I love my veggies and now I want to go look for veggie fabric :smiley:

1 Like

This is such the best.

1 Like

I finished the game that goes inside this bag, just in time because the recipient is coming by today with seedlings for us from their farm. I am so excited to give them their present!

1 Like

You must tell us their reaction…I know the will love it all!

1 Like

Very kewl!! Great fabrics!!

1 Like

This is just lovely!

1 Like