Garden Party mini art quilt/board game!

I loved @pottermouth’s April 1st Snail Streak Game and when @AIMR sent me a big selection of veggie print fabric I knew just what I wanted to do with it.
This is for friends who sold their city house last year and bought a farm to run their CSA from. Usually we attend their summer bday parties but we’ll miss out this year so it’s meant to be a gift for that and housewarming too.

They have 2 little ones so I crocheted different veggies they grow (maybe not the mushrooms but they’ll still know what those are).

And some things they might see living with the plants that could be either beneficial or not.

Included is an info sheet on the bugaboos. (Here’s a tutorial for the parsley worm if you’d like to make your own.)

Here it is set up as a game, it has another layer of fabric inside rather than poofy stuffing since it’s not really meant to be a blanket. There are hanging loops on the back to display it somewhere if they want to, maybe in their market booth.

The 4-5&6 of the die have these images over them, rolling one means either staying in place for a turn or moving back a space (to hide from that hungry robin!)

The sheet is laminated with playing instructions on the other side.

It all folds up into this travel bag made with the left over veggies scraps.

There was enough fabric to make 2 of these so another friend with a smaller baby will be getting a blanket/game soon!

30 Likes

I love every single inch of this! I love the different veggies and the critters too! I saw your caterpillar tutorial and found a host of pipe cleaners in the “mess” so I just may have to make a clew of my own!

3 Likes

A game, a play mat, a veggie display…this is a very versatile project!

3 Likes

I’m giving them veggie fabric masks too, it is a hilarious gift I think they are going to get such a kick out of, haha.

5 Likes

I love this so much! I so admire your attention to detail, and I just opened the link to the caterpillar (it reminds me of Wormy from Sesame Street). That veggie fabric is fabulous and you’ve certainly put it to good use with all of the coordinating projects!

1 Like

I had no less than FOUR different gingham fabrics in my stash, lol. Enough to back and edge both quilts and use on the carry sacks. I’m so happy to have used most of that up!

2 Likes

What a fun game!! All the garden creatures! I adore this!

1 Like

I gave it to the mama, she loved it :green_heart:

1 Like

This is sooo cool! I love when we are inspired by others and make it!. I just love everything about this. The wee bugs, the veggies, the bag. Just everything. Your friends and their kids will love this!

1 Like

This is so wonderful on every level.

1 Like

So freakin’ adorable!

1 Like

This is awesome!!

1 Like

That is awesome!! Everything is perfect.

1 Like

This is so fun! I particularly love your crocheted veggies and critters!

2 Likes

Yeah, the crocheted critters and veggies rock! I think the board would look very nice hung up in a market booth, too.

1 Like