Venkman, a ceramic cat portrait

When I saw @gozer’s sweet cat, Venkman, on her Instagram, I knew I had to sculpt a portrait of him. So I invited her to join me in the IYP so I could do just that. :grin:

An in-progress shot before the final fireing:

The reference photo I used:

22 Likes

This is beyond. It never made me cry, it didn’t!

3 Likes

This is so special.

3 Likes

That is spot on and dang who’s cutting onions around here?!? I love being moved to tears :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am crying all over again. Pictures do not do this justice. It is so amazing and beautiful.

2 Likes

This is beautiful…

2 Likes

I got interrupted by work, I wasn’t done gushing. It’s already hanging in my living room. It’s so amazing. The tiny strokes in the clay and all the details are phenomenal. I keep crying. I have always loved that picture and you captured his personality and likeness beautifully. You are such a talent and I am incredibly lucky to have this, Thank you so much. It is already one of my most treasured items. You will never know how much this means to me. Thank you so much!

4 Likes

How thoughtful and really well done.

2 Likes

A wonderful tribute to a much loved pet…you are so sweet to purposely ask @gozer to this swap so you could make this…your talent is well-regarded and your generosity to share it in this meaningful way is touching!

I treasure my little baby cardinal that you made for me years ago…my home is not complete without it on my mantle for all to enjoy!

4 Likes

This is so thoughtful AND amazing. Beautiful.

3 Likes

Gorgeous! and such a lovely sentiment. :heart: :heart: :heart:

4 Likes

Oh hon… :heart: I didn’t mean to get you crying again. I am glad it was so well received. Thank you for the opportunity.

And thank you everyone for the kind words. I love making pieces that I feel inspired for, they are the best. :heart:

5 Likes

Oh my word. I just LOVE that you went out of your way to invite @gozer just so you could make this for her. Your heart is even more exquisite than your talent. And that’s really saying something! This is really beautiful! In every way.

2 Likes

This is absolutely fabulous! What a wonderful tribute.

2 Likes

That’s so cool!!

2 Likes

What a gorgeous tribute to an amazing fur baby! The texture is just phenomenal. You really knocked it out of the park.

2 Likes

Wow, just wow!

3 Likes

Congrats! Your project was one of the best of 2021! You are awesome!

1 Like

What? Awwww.You guys. :blush::blush::blush: