Very orange dress

We are at our cousinโ€™s, she asked me to copy a favourite dress. I made the pattern for her & then I needed to test it to be sure it fit ok. Turned out pretty good!

It was tricky stitching super stretchy fabric on that old machine but it went better than I expected.

22 Likes

I love those kind of wrap dresses, you knocked this out of the park!!

2 Likes

It looks perfect, itโ€™s beautiful!

2 Likes

Dang, girl! Not only is this perfect, but you are FAST!!

2 Likes

Hot dang! This turned out so nicely! Itโ€™s great in that fabric, too.

2 Likes

I had to pick out the front neckline seams to put in some elastic, it was gaping a bit in that fabric. Took a couple hours all together. I am pretty fast when itโ€™s not possible to do professional finishing, the inside edges are just raw. No serger, no pinking shears. It wont run or fray, should be fine.

3 Likes

This is gorgeous!

2 Likes

Extremely impressive, my dear! This is beautiful work!

2 Likes

kind of retro '70s color, fabric, and style. Very cool

2 Likes

That is awesome! Wow!

2 Likes

Again, I always admire anyone who can sew clothes, and that you can definitely do. It looks amazing!

2 Likes

Wow, I wish I had your skills!

1 Like

Wow, you all really like this dress! Cool. I took the pattern so I can make her another one with serged finishing. It also fit me pretty well so there may be a new frock in my wardrobe soon as well.

Iโ€™m not sure how I would share the pattern here, I guess I could cut it up into 8x10" pages & scan to PDF? Anybody want to pattern test? It fits me well, I am 5โ€™7", 160lbs.

1 Like