View inside out - soft pastells

Hi everyone!
For my career counseling, I got an assignment to make something that shows how my journey now feels.
I got a canvas and got my soft pastells out (I only have 6 colours, and I used 5 haha)
This is me creating a view from inside a cave to an outside world, with the outside world tickeling slowly to the inside.

For me it looks better from a bit further away

(don’t mind the mess, I have no excuse)

When making this, it made me realise how much I love doing this and how long it has been :slight_smile:

(I wasn’t sure if I should post or not, but decided to do it any way because I need to take more “risks”)

24 Likes

This is so wonderful. The colors are great and it feels uplifting.

2 Likes

YES, POST!!

I love the skyline. Although I know it is a cave, it also feels very theatre like. As if we are going on a journey.

:metal:

3 Likes

That’s beautiful!!

2 Likes

That blue is so vibrant yet so serene. I love how it is flowing into the cave. So beautiful!

2 Likes

Glad you posted it! I really like it. the way it makes you feel you are actually in a cave peeking out. and only 5 colors - that’s pretty good!

And “don’t mind the mess, I have no excuse” :rofl: That’s totally me. Sucks when you can’t blame someone else!

3 Likes

Oh very cool! I love the reflection on the water.

2 Likes

Lovely, especially the distance shot; the colors just leap out at you. :green_heart:

2 Likes

Your cave has such depth and dimension!

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing.
It’s beautiful.

2 Likes

I like how it can be either coming out of the shadows in the cave into the vast light filled outside world or the outside world (the ocean) slowly filling up the cave. Either way it is a lovely analogy!

2 Likes

Wow that is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

2 Likes

This is beautiful and could be interpreted so many way. Please keep sharing!

2 Likes

Post all the things, always! Why not? You have a supportive community here who love to see each other’s work & hear the personal stories that go along with them :slightly_smiling_face:

I appreciate that you shared and think your piece looks good, very evocative.

3 Likes

It’s lovely!! I hope you’ll share more work - this piece really invites me into imagining a story.

1 Like

Beautiful! It’s like you are just standing there just inside the cave looking out.

1 Like

it really captures an emotion.

1 Like

Thank you all very much for your comments!
It made me very happy ^^

2 Likes

I love it, I want to be there!

1 Like

The fact that you used only 5 colours is amazing, and the scene is wonderful

1 Like