Vintage Doll Thrift Store Find...?

So I went NUTS at the thrift store on friday and not only bought about eighty pounds of stained glass (for only $50. It would be at least $300 normally) but I also bought an articulated doll for customizing and… these.

Why? I dunno, some sort of crafting purpose? I just liked how vintage they were and I bought all 3 for a dollar so… not that much of a loss. They’re “Barbara” I guess. So…weird arm placement. And they have lil buttcheeks. At the very least I might just use the heads. Any ideas on a great project for these dudes? Lmao

5 Likes

Honestly, even though they’re ‘Barbara’, the hair and the facial expression give big boy-band vibes to me (particularly k-pop). They’d probably look really cute in little pop star outfits :rofl:

5 Likes

Arm placement is so they can suck their thumbs! But the thumbs could be built up with sugru or another clay to look like microphones for a boy band set, the angle would get the mike close to the mouth too.

Those are amazing, I love them.

2 Likes

YES! Totes boy band vibes with these creatures! The arm position and kinda twisty body makes them look like they’re doing choreographed dance moves, too.

2 Likes