Vintage Lace Wreath

Today I drove 2 hours to visit my parents’ county fair. I pulled this out to work on while we visited. My sweet eight year old niece kept admiring the wreath and told me how nice the lace would look in their old log home. How could I say no? The wreath went home with her.

Bonus project: my amazing mom turned this quilt top into a jacket for me. This is one of at least eight projects she entered in the fair. This is the first time I’ve seen it, and it is even better than what I had envisioned. Her talent knows no bounds.

17 Likes

Very cool quilt jacket and such a lovely wreath!

3 Likes

What a lovely time with family! Your wreath is so dang charming, it’s no wonder niece fell in love with it. Your new jacket is adorable - your mom really knows her stuff.

3 Likes

The wreath is pretty, and how sweet your niece loved it to much!

That jacket is amazing! I can see where you get your talent!

2 Likes

This is mom’s real fair show piece! She belongs to Daughters of the American Revolution and plans to wear it for historical reenactments. The idea of making those sleeves gives me anxiety.

3 Likes

That is a showstopper!

1 Like

Amazing dress! That jacket is awesome (all that calico!) and I love, love, LOVE that your niece was all about your wreath! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

So lovely that your family can craft together! Great job all

1 Like