Vintage Scattergories Embroidery

Ok, ok, this project is only half finished, but I’m so excited to share!
I spent the afternoon learning how to manually digitize an image in PE Design 10 and made this!
I’m making a travel pouch (for 2 Players) of Scattergories for my partner for his birthday. I’m going to be using the contents of a game I picked up from the op shop for $3.
I’ve had the idea for ages, wanting the vintage logo on the front and only today thought, why not use the embroidery machine?!
It’s far from perfect but I learnt so much about the software that I consider it a big win.
And I just coloured that sneaky red part (not sure what happened there) in with a sharpie and you’re none the wiser :wink: I have since fixed up the design digitally and I was thinking I could do it again, or try to create an appliqué version, but to be honest I actually love this one.
It doesn’t have to be perfect to bring joy :heart::black_heart:

21 Likes

That is spot on! Great job and I love that game as well!

2 Likes

I saw this thumbnail and I kept thinking, where have I seen that logo? I love Scattergories! Your embroidery is phenomenal!!

1 Like

I did it on an old machine (so I can’t take the credit :see_no_evil:) but I will for the design work at least :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I love Scattergories, and I love your embroidery translation of the logo!

1 Like

Nicely done!

1 Like

This is FANTASTIC!!

1 Like

This is awesome! I love scattergories!

1 Like

Awesome! (& go you for figuring out your software-- I’ve have an embroidery design program for a year and a half & still haven’t done anything with it.)

1 Like

Good for you learning to digitize.

1 Like

Thanks everyone! It’s so addictive :blush: I love how there’s links to my graphic design course I did years ago where I learnt about Adobe products

Here is a link to the tutorial that I started with, and then went forwards and backwards from there :slight_smile: Not sure if we have the same software though.

1 Like

What a great idea! This looks fabulous!

1 Like

Great job!! Was digitizing difficult? I’ve thought about giving it a try…

That’s awesome! I love Scattergories.

Dude! I love this game! What a fun embroidery!

Congrats! Your Vintage Scattergories Embroidery is one of this week’s featured projects. You are awesome!

1 Like

First, what a great idea to make a travel version of the game (so fun, I love that game)! Second, the embroidery turned out just right! I saw no sneaky red spots. :wink:

1 Like

What a great idea and wonderful execution! HOW FUN!

1 Like

You nailed it. I really like the pouch idea.

1 Like

Thanks everyone!

His birthday is September 4, so I better get cracking on the pouch. Can’t wait to share the finished product with you all :smiley:

1 Like