Vintage Sled Postage Stamp Thank You Notes

It has become my tradition to make the thank you notes I send for holiday gifts. This year I was excited to use the Vintage Sled dies from Tim Holtz/Sizzix and it’s not surprising that I decided to pull out my tried and true postage stamp die to go with!

TY-2023Xmas01

I’m kind of surprised that I actually made all twelve of the notes this way! I gave myself permission to go to something with fewer pieces if I got overwhelmed, but I guess I just needed the time sitting at my desk doing some moderately repetitive detail work.

First I selected the background papers I wanted to use, then the sled papers. I used two different wintery embossing folders on the backgrounds (snowflakes, and sweater knit).

After all the sleds were made and attached to their backgrounds, I selected the number dies and the papers for each. Finally the sentiment dies. On a few, the sentiment is on the inside of the card. Except for the blue/green plaid ones, the cards are card blanks from stash. In fact, all materials are from stash.

I tried twice to get “good” pictures, but both days forgot until the natural light was way past good for photos. D’oh!

16 Likes

These are so cute!

Great job - love the selection of wintery papers and the postage stamp and sled ‘motifs’!

That postage stamp die makes the cutest cards. Love this set! All of the cards are so wintery and fun.

I love these! A great mixture of patterns and textures and of course that postage stamp shape is perfect!

Thank you so much, friends! I will probably never get tired of using those postage stamp dies for cards. Hopefully the people who receive them won’t be rolling their eyes at one-trick-Tara!

These are perfect! Festive and classy.

Beautiful!

Thanks, friends!