Vintage Wrapping Paper craft?

I got some vintage wrapping paper that I want to keep but I don’t know what to do with it?? I just think it’s cute!

So like what is a thing I can do with this besides wrapping paper?

4 Likes

I’ve used vintage wrapping paper for:

1. Matting a framed picture
  2. Background of a shadow box containing items from the same era
  3. Card-making

You could also decoupage some of the little images to frames or boxes or…

8 Likes

Use it as the cover of a journal

4 Likes

Oh man, I have a vintage wrapping paper problem. I even have a bunch of block-printed paper from the 30s.

I use it to wrap gifts, especially at Christmas, because it looks awesome under my all-vintage tree. But I’ve also done things like this, especially with paper that I don’t LOVE the design of, but also with pieces of paper I DO love:

Just quick and easy iris folding. It makes the paper the star.

7 Likes

Your vintage papers are amazing! I love the one on the bottom right. And that card is beautiful!

5 Likes

what a cool idea!

2 Likes

I LOVE your vintage wrapping paper collection! Gorgeous!

1 Like

I especially like the idea of the shadow box. I was thinking of card making but I wanna look at the paper myself. Lol!

2 Likes

Oh, lol, um. That’s just the super cool old stuff…

This is maybe half of what I have. The rest is at my office. And that doesn’t include the rolls…

My favorite non-Christmas papers are definitely the 50s bridal shower papers, but I adore the father’s day and birthday papers too.

4 Likes

Oooh I love the umbrella ladies!

2 Likes

Me too! It IS really tough thinking about how to use them in crafts. I take them out and paw through them a lot…

1 Like

The Father’s Day one is very cool. As well as the umbrella ladies and the watering cans. Great collection!

2 Likes

I keep snippets of Christmas wrapping paper from each year if I like it. I have quite a few 5x5 pieces of wrapping.
I keep thinking I’ll turn them into paper ornaments.

2 Likes

Here’s most of my vintage wrapping paper collection:

4 Likes

Omg can I see the orange girls with umbrellas one closer? And the mushrooms???

1 Like

Here are close-ups of those two, plus one more that appears to have been used as a filler-scrap for the mushroom one.

All of these came from a garage sale. The lady was selling a box of used wrapping papers from gifts she’d received at her 1970’s wedding shower. Cost me 50 cents or a dollar.

3 Likes

Omgggg I just especially love the umbrella girls. :heart_eyes: So cute and vintage!!!

1 Like

When I used to frequent estate sales the best place to find wrapping paper and holiday decorations was in the basement. I always made a beeline for it.

3 Likes