Vintage-y Cat Valentine Cards

I made these cards for the Handmade Valentine Card Swap 2023. I made six cards total.

I started with cardstock that I cut with my Xacto swing arm then added the baker’s twine around the spine of the card. Next I attached frilly paper hearts that I’m pretty certain I purchased from the dollar tree, but have been in my stash for a long while. I added little flowers that corresponded to some part of the cat image. The cat has pop tabs beneath it. I believe that the images of the vintage cats came from a sheet I purchased through Alpha Stamps. I cut them from the sheet using one of my Xacto knives then went around the edges with some pink stamping ink. The corners of the cards received either stickers or sticker-jewels. It seemed like it needed something else, so I used my colored pencils to create stitch lines along the edges. They were fun to create and I think my partners enjoyed them.

I then made cards for the rest of my people that look similar, but they don’t have pop tabs or bakers twine or little flowers. I don’t have to impress them, lol! :sweat_smile:

Thanks for looking!

18 Likes

Oh my giggles! These are so charmingly vintage-Valentine-y!

1 Like

So adorable!!

1 Like

These are purr-fect! I’m so glad you gave them their own thread.

1 Like

So cute! I love vintage Valentines. You found a great way to use them.

1 Like

I love these! Brings back so many memories of when we had to make Valentine Boxes in school.

My mom made sure each kid in the class had a Valentine even if I didn’t like them! lol

Yours are so cute and have a nice homemade feel…adorable!

1 Like

So cute! Love the vintage images.

1 Like

These are so cute!! I just love cats.

1 Like

Those vintage cats are great, I have always loved that style!

1 Like

Thank you, everyone! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

These are all so cute! I love vintage valentines.

1 Like