Virtual Wedding Shower Treats

Hi all,

A coworker/friend of mine got married a few weekends ago, and her coworkers threw her a virtual shower to celebrate her upcoming marriage. I was in charge of goodies—and it ended up being fun. I hope that she has good memories of her unusual celebration since she really didn’t get to have a lot of the typical wedding stuff.

My team is mostly in the same area as me (though spread out considerably since it’s a major metropolitan area), but a good eight of our members live either out of state or in different Texas cities. We mailed out/porch dropped goodies for the participants (pink mailing envelopes with a microwave mug cake from Betty Crocker, a scratch-off wedding game, confetti, and some photo props for our zoom-style call). The mug cakes were a great addition to make it feel like we were all eating cake together, and they are easy to find at the grocery store/only need water to make for my friends who aren’t bakers.

The game was really fun and cute. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T28STLR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_MVEJF50YQ4WTSVX18Y22?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

The bride got a couple of fancy boxes with a veil for herself and her dog to wear during the party call and a bunch of yummy treats in her favorite flavor profiles that I made.

Pink champagne/pink sponge cake filled with matcha white chocolate mousse/white chocolate mocha bombs (the hearts).

For the matcha white chocolate mousse cake, I just made my favorite sponge cake and filled it with this:

For the white chocolate mocha bombs, I used white chocolate melts in a faceted heart mold and filled it with powdered Starbucks white chocolate mocha mix. The hearts are small, but the mold worked great (there are plenty of similar style available on Amazon).

I’m hoping that next year we can have more traditional parties if things are safer, but I could see virtual parties remaining popular to keep friends who live far away part of the festivities!

20 Likes

This is the BEST! You did such a wonderful job on this!

1 Like

WOW! You did a way better job with the virtual party than some people do in real life! lol

I love white chocolate so my mouth was drooling the whole time I was reading…looks so yummy!!!

4 Likes

This is so classy! Above and beyond.

4 Likes

What a sweet virtual wedding shower. You made some amazing things for it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

WOO-EE! You “nailed the brief” on this! I bet the bride felt so special and appreciated and everyone else was able to really get into a celebratory mood for the virtual shower! WONDERFUL!

2 Likes

Whoa! That is incredible.

1 Like

What a wonderful way to make everyone feel included and together.

1 Like

That is a gorgeous gift and a great way to make virtual feel personal. :heartbeat:

1 Like

This is the best thing ever! So much fun!

1 Like

This is so professional and beautiful looking. i am sure she was thrilled!

1 Like

Congrats! Your Virtual Wedding Shower Treats are one of this week’s featured projects! Way to go!

2 Likes

These look so tasty! I want to celebrate something to justify them for me! Like, Happy Weekend!

1 Like