Warm Tone Patchwork Purse

I am forever making crumb quilt/“made fabric” pieces, but don’t have the patience or space to make a full quilt, so I’m always on the lookout for patterns where I can use them without it being too overwhelming. I picked up the Indygo Junction Anna-Rose pattern for 50 cents at a yard sale and thought it would be a good candidate since it’s such a simple shape.

I’m pretty happy with it - I don’t think it would have worked as well if it was completely random piecing, but with a more defined palette, I think it hangs together. Definitely a cool toned one in my future, and possibly the larger size as well. My scrap stash never seems to get any smaller, so I feel like I could just make an infinite number. :laughing:

20 Likes

That’s adorable! I love the crazy pattern with the simplistic purse shape. It works out so well! The colors are great together too.

2 Likes

That is the perfect shape for such a fabric. It’s sunny and warm and inviting. Great color combos & construction.

1 Like

I love it. And also love that your mannequin is happy posing in undies!!! :smiley:

1 Like

Scrumptious scrapiness!

1 Like

WOW! This bag really uses your “made fabric” to it’s best light!

1 Like

Beautiful!

1 Like

This is awesome! I was just saying I need to make more scrappy panels with all my leftover bits. Love what you turned yours into!

1 Like

Oh, the scrappy fabric makes it so interesting to look at! Love it!

1 Like

Love the colors and size!

1 Like

:scissors: :thread: :heart: Congratulations! Your scrap-tastic project has been Featured this week! :heart: :thread: :scissors:

How lovely! I have been wanting to try crumb work and this could be some incentive. (I too do not want to make a quilt out with this particular technique. Oy!)