Watercolor heart ATCoins

I have been wanting to learn how to watercolor for a very long time. It just doesn’t click with me, but I decided to try again. I made these Heart with Wings ATCoins for the recent swap and I was really excited about how they turned out. I embellished with with some metallic gel pens and paint pens, and I think that was the touch I was missing.
I taped the wings on the back so they could be tucked behind to be the official size, or pulled out to reveal them.

And this one was just a heart. I was still experimenting on how I would make them, but the heart didn’t reach close enough to the edges. I still thought it was pretty though.

And a Bleaken, just because. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I had a lot of fun making these. They were my most successful attempt yet with watercolors. I hope to play more in the new year.

17 Likes

So lovely!

1 Like

These are really beautiful…

1 Like

Very lovely hearts! Although, I fell in love with Bleaken!

1 Like

Your watercolor skills look pretty awesome to me! Honestly, it makes me want to give them a try again! I LOVE the first heart because it almost looks like it’s on fire. Amazing!

1 Like

These are beautiful! Love that the wings can be tucked away.

1 Like

So glad you posted close ups of these! The hearts are absolutely beautiful. Your watercolor game is on :fire:! The gold accents really added a beautiful touch.

1 Like

So pretty! I love the way the colors bleed into each other, and the gel pen accents really elevate the designs. Cool!

1 Like

These are nice. But you did great with the Christmas lights you made last year for me in our swap, and those were watercolor. I think they’re perfect :blush:

1 Like

These turned out so great! I love the “pop-up” aspect of the wings.

1 Like

your watercolor skills look great. good job with the pen highlights.

1 Like

I love the tuckable wings, such a great way to take it “out of the box” (circle)

1 Like