Watercolor Leaf Notecards

I often paint in watercolor in sketchbooks or on 4x6 paper I cut, allowing me to just find those zen moments and apply paint to paper without an end goal in mind. No pressure painting :slight_smile: Sometimes I really like how they come out and they become notecards. The one with gold leaves is my fave!

35 Likes

These are beautiful! They make lovely notecards. I really love those gold leaves too!

2 Likes

These are gorgeous! Wow!

2 Likes

They are so pretty! Makes me want to break out my paints.

2 Likes

These are absolutely beautiful.

2 Likes

Those are stunning! I like playing around with watercolors but having any real control over it is mystifying. Fantastic job :star_struck:

2 Likes

These are gorgeous! I especially love the little “hello” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

These are so pretty! I really like the different colors of the leaves.

2 Likes

I really like the added gold it gives it a nice extra touch! Is the gold a metallic water color or another medium?

2 Likes

Wow! You definitely have a talent for painting! These are lovely!

2 Likes

Me too! I’m so glad I added them. Now I want to do a few more and not have any words in it!

Thanks mi amiga!

Do it!!!

Aww shucks :heart_eyes:

I think this is really where I feel freedom… when I play

Thanks! I felt like maybe I ruined it with that, so I’m glad you liked it!

Yes! I think layering and different tones of green really helped!

Yeah, it’s a metallic watercolor. So fun right!?

You’ve got me blushing :smiling_face: ! Thanks so much!

5 Likes

These are so pretty!! They make me happy just to look at them :herb:

2 Likes

So pretty and organic!

2 Likes

Watercolors boggle my mind a little bit. These are lovely!

2 Likes

Although the outcome is just beautiful (I loves me some watercolor!), I confess I really just like seeing your workspace. I just love process!

:metal:

1 Like

I honestly don’t know of a better compliment - evoking an emotion based on a piece of artwork you created, that’s humbling and I’m so honored. Grateful it made you happy!

Thanks so much!

I was scared to play with this medium for a while, but then took a local class and one of the things she told me was - this painting is just practice for your next painting. I felt that and try to remember that everytime I paint (or do anything), this is just practice for the next one… takes away so much pressure to be “perfect” and have a masterpiece ya know? Try it, I think you’ll enjoy it!

I love process videos and workspace pictures too!

3 Likes

Yes! Like in this one, I see her little separated lid/tin, which is perfect for swirling the exact color you want!

3 Likes

These are so pretty! I’d buy cards like these if I could, not sure I would use them though, too pretty :joy::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

:metal:t2:

2 Likes

I absolutely love tree/ leaf themes!
and paining is definitely not my medium, so I am in awe of your talent!!
How great to make them into note cards to share with others!
Thanks for posting these pics

2 Likes

I like how these came out! :slight_smile:

2 Likes