Watercolor Notecards: Foxes, Moons, and Trees

I have been really loving playing around with watercolors lately. The fact that I can apply the paint so imprecisely but still get beautiful results totally speaks to my style of crafting, lol. The small pieces of art lend themselves perfectly to notecards, so I made these for a few recent swaps.

Two moons (based on this tutorial):

Pine trees (tutorial):

And foxes (both rainbow and non, based on this tutorial):

And a couple bonus moon paintings I haven’t turned into cards (yet). The crescent moon came out a little strange. I love the full moon, but the blobby background is a little nebulous. I might have to cut away some of the non-uniformness…

Anyway, I’m having a lot of fun and learning lots! Some of @jemimah’s class tips came in handy while working on these! :heart:

Thanks for looking!

29 Likes

All the fun you’re having is turning into really striking finished works! Those last moons are my favorites and make me think of the Solstice challenge. Ahem.

Please consider some watercolor wonders for that! :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

All of these are very pretty! Thanks for sharing the tutorial links, also.

1 Like

Starts Googling “watercolor sun.”

Oh! I forgot the full moon tute! Maybe someday I’ll make something without training wheels…:sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I like you rainbow foxes and the drippy moon bg.

1 Like

I LOOOOOVE the moons! Ack ! So dang cool!

1 Like

I love these so much! I’m particularly fond of the moon cards at the top and your tree scenes.

Same :joy:

2 Likes

These are so pretty. Those last 2 moons are gorgeous and I love the pine trees too. Great job.

1 Like

Wow, they’re gorgeous! so glad you’re enjoying your watercolours :heart:

1 Like

These are absolutely lovely. I’m so lucky to have the moons! I’m thinking of framing them.

1 Like

Aw! I’m glad you like them. I should have left them off the cardstock!

The moons! :heart: Beautiful work.
Thanks for posting. I’m always looking for tutorials.

1 Like

Same! I might have to PM you for some of your recommendations. I love your work!

Beautiful work and wonderful idea to make them into notecards. Your foxes are adorable.
The pine tree look like day and night. Very pretty.

2 Likes

Ohhhh, those trees are gorgeous! (I like all of the designs, but the trees :evergreen_tree:!! My number 1 fave lately)

1 Like

I love the look of watercolor and really like your creations! What a great idea for notecards!

1 Like

:cowboy_hat_face: Yeehaw! Your amazing craft is a Featured Project this week! :horse:

2 Likes

AH! Thank you! :smile:

They look great, I love watercolor illustrations!

1 Like

Abbee, these are stunning!

1 Like