Watercolor Trifecta: A Beloved Pet, A Landscape, and a Bird

I was partnered with the lovely and talented @jemimah in the Miniature Make a Friend swap, and it was the perfect opportunity for me to pick her brains (not literally! :laughing:) on her watercolor supplies, etc. I crush on her watercolor skills!

Then I went to town practicing my watercolor. I’m really pleased with how they all turned out, so I sent them all to her! The first one I am especially proud of. She had shared a picture of a beloved dog she used to have - Wicket. What a handsome fellow! I wasn’t sure if I would be able to pull it off, but honestly, I surprised myself with how well I did! Adding some ink outlines really helped!

One of the requirements of the swap is to send your partner something you like or about you. Of course, I sent bird cards, but I wanted some more watercolor practice, and something a little more personal, so I created her a painting of the creek at the lower end of my property. That was a different technique trying to get depth. I’m not as thrilled with this one, but it gets the point across!

I decided that instead of going to the PO and trying to send a bigger envelope or mess with customs forms, I would just send 3 equivalent envelopes (a few bird cards, a watercolor, ta da!), so I created one more: my second favorite bird, the rose-breasted grosbeak. I really hope to see them return to visit my feeder this year. They are beautiful!

This one turned out a little more basic, but I really love the background.

These are all about 6" x 8" or so.

Thanks for looking!

15 Likes

Wow all of these are absolutely lovely!

1 Like

It’s so wonderful to see you making art and practising your watercolour skills! I was really moved to receive not one, but three of your pieces :heart:

Thank you so much for putting so much thought and care into our swap. I will treasure these, especially the way you captured our sweet Wicket - all his fluff and goofiness!!

All your effort and practice is really paying off, and I hope you will keep enjoying your painting - I’m looking forward to seeing what you create next!

3 Likes

WOW! You’re off to a heckuva start!

1 Like

Nice job! That puppy painting is wonderful.

They’re beautiful!