Watercolor trio

I painted these for my SIL for her bday. They are 5x7 inches. And I used awesome brushes sent to me by @photojenn!!

These were all the ones I did (including two that I didn’t like at all and therefore didn’t finish). I picked my three faves out of them to frame up for her.

27 Likes

Your flowers are beautiful! Well done!

2 Likes

These are absolutely gorgeous!!!

1 Like

Thanks, guys! Hopefully she likes them!

Nicely done!

1 Like

I like the set of three you chose, but my fave is the poppy.

1 Like

Very pretty. I like the poppy too!

1 Like

Thanks, everyone! The poppy aaaaalmost made the cut. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

These are lovely! They’re both simple and subtly complex.

1 Like

Thank you!!

So pretty. The poppy is my favorite too.

1 Like

Thank you!

Wow! Those are stunning! I absolutely LOVE them. They looks amazing framed too. You should definitely watercolor more! You’re a natural!

1 Like

Thank you!! :heart::heart:

1 Like

:rainbow: Hot diggity dog! Your project is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :dog2:

1 Like

Wow! Thanks!

These are gorgeous! I love the variations in depth of tone and organic shapes that you’ve achieved.

I think it’s such a useful practice to make multiple versions and be prepared to abandon a few that you’re not happy with - I often do that and for me, I get a better result than just trying something once.

1 Like

Thank you @jemimah! Now I feel better about letting go of some of these.

1 Like

I started to feel a lot better about the paintings I wasn’t happy with when I accepted that’s a normal part of improving my skills. Every ‘bad’ drawing (=drawing I’m not satisfied with) is simply a step on the way to the good drawing. You can’t get to the really good drawing without making a lot of drawings that you’re not happy with. They’re not actually ‘bad’ or a waste of paper, they’re an essential part of getting your skills to where you want them to be.

1 Like

They are beautiful!
And they’re perfect as three in a row.

1 Like