Watercolor Valentines

(photo credit @Whistlefish because I forgot to take a pic of the completed project :woman_facepalming:)

I made these for the Valentines card exchange and they were a lot of fun!

First I masked the edges of the cards, which were made with watercolor paper.

Then I had fun splashing watercolor around, and when the cards were dry I embellished them with paper doilies.

I next made these leather heart pendants. I backed them with felt for a little more stability and embellished them with cotton lace. The cord is cotton and there’s a clasp made with a leather “button” and a loop of the cord. I didn’t want metal allergies to be an issue for anyone receiving one of these because they are removable from the card and can be worn.

Thanks for looking!

19 Likes

These are really neat! I love your watercolor effect. They turned out beautifully.

2 Likes

I was lucky enough to receive one of these and it’s soooo gorgeous! I LOVE the watercolor background of mine. There’s so much depth to it and different splatters of color. I’ve tried watercolor and I’d never be able to come up with such cool backgrounds if I was given eternity!

3 Likes

Awww, thanks! :hugs:

1 Like

Love your backgrounds, and the crisp edges from the masking. And the pendants are an awesome touch.

2 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

These cards are just gorgeous, and I’m thrilled that I received one! The heart pendant is fabulous and I can’t wait to wear it once I take my card display down.

2 Likes

So pretty! I really like how the lace echos the feeling of the doily. Wonderfully put together cards.

3 Likes

Thanks, guys!!

1 Like

Ditto what everyone has said… I love your Valentines, and I was so excited to receive one! Like I said in the swap thread, it is like a card and a gift, all in one!

3 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

WOWZERS! You’ve really made the most of combining the various media in these!

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Those cards are so pretty!

2 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

I love that you made your Valentines with a gift attached. The card and the necklace are both very pretty and feminine.

2 Likes

Thanks, my friend! :heart:

These are so pretty! I saw some photos of them from people who received them, but it’s so nice to see them close up. Very cool idea and they turned out so lovely. :heart:

1 Like

Thats definitely some happy mail to receive :heart:

1 Like

Aw, thanks guys!!