Watercolored Sock Cactus

During @jemimah’s watercolor class, I made a sock cactus. The idea came from an ATC I made of a sock cactus for @Lynx in the Ongoing ATC swap.

I took the idea of a Christmas cactus -where a cactus is dressed up in Christmas lights- and did the same thing with socks and called it a sock cactus.

Here it is!

It turned out really well! I’m please with it all came together! Now, its hanging on my wall for all to see!

17 Likes

I love this so hard! Well done!

2 Likes

This is fantastic, I love all the tiny socks!! Great work :smiley:

2 Likes

So much fun! Love all the colorful socks, and all the techniques you used to make it especially lively (like the splatters). Very cool!

2 Likes

Nice job! I especially like the shading you did on the brown at the base of the cactus. That, plus the slight shadowing on the right side of the base really add depth and dimension.

2 Likes

Thanks! All I did for the shading was use a darker color on the left and pulled it toward the middle and a lighter color on the right and pulled it toward the middle and mixed them together there.

3 Likes

I love that you recreated a fun theme for yourself!

1 Like

:heartpulse: Oh boy, OH BOY! Your wonderful craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! WOOHOO! :heart_hands:

3 Likes

This is great

Thank you!

1 Like

Very cute. I am sure socks would still get lost though. Ha!

3 Likes

Cute!

1 Like