Watercolour practice - mandala

I spent some time this week painting along with a Youtube video (Lou Davis Mandala Paintalong). It was a really enjoyable one, quite time-consuming, but very repetitive and meditative. It was also excellent brush control practice.

It’s watercolour on paper with white and gold pen details added. I changed it a bit from the tutorial, and since I didn’t have a compass, I drew the guide markings using a protractor and ruler, which I think was probably a bit easier.

Thanks for looking!

21 Likes

That is flat-out gorgeous! WOW!

2 Likes

Beautiful! I love the colours you used.

1 Like

Truly lovely.

1 Like

Beautiful! I love the colors you used :heart_eyes:

1 Like

This is just so, so pretty.

1 Like

Absolutely stunning!

1 Like

Absolutely stunning! The colors you used are fantastic. However, I also like this donkey art collection.

4 Likes

Just beautiful. I loved seeing the progress pics. The pen details are so perfect and finish the piece nicely. Your painted lines are also perfect - brush control indeed!

1 Like

Beautiful. It looks so perfect. You did an amazing job with the brush control. This would have driven me crazy. LOL! I hope you frame it!

1 Like

I totally agree – WOW!
I’m wondering if I could attempt something similar (but smaller) in colored pencil, just to get the hang of it…
simply beautiful

1 Like

I’m always so impressed with mandala art! I love the colors you chose, and the effect is gorgeous!

1 Like

Thank you friends :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you so much!

Welcome to Lettuce Craft, it’s great to have you here! I hope you’ll enjoy looking around at all the inspiring projects, it’s a fun and friendly place :grinning:

I think you absolutely could try this with coloured pencil! If you can mark out the circles evenly with a protractor or compass, then the rest is just step by step, working your way around. I hope you will give it a try!

1 Like

:mega: :star2: :mega: HOT DANG! Your super cool craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! CONGRATZ! :mega: :star2: :mega:

1 Like

Thank you!!

1 Like

So lovely!

1 Like

Wow, this is incredible! Absolutely entrancing, the design just draws your eyes right in. I can hardly even believe you painted it, but it’s you so of course you did :star_struck:

2 Likes