Weekend ATC Blitz Challenge #5! And catch-up thread!

I’m finally all caught up!

These are #5 set they all ended up blue

I don’t make a lot of ATCs because I never know what to do with them, but someone mentioned in another thread that they’ve been sticking them in their journal. An obvious idea that totally failed to occur to me, but they’re in there now

9 Likes

These are beautiful, love the blue tying them together! And a great idea to stick them in a journal. I’ve been wondering the same thing about what to do with them.

A journal is a great idea! But, I like to shuffle through mine. I don’t have a ton from when I was actively trading, but I put them in individual card sleeves and occasionally take them out and flip through them. I sort them and rearrange them, then put them all away to play with on another day :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I do the same thing and leave little piles around the house to discover-its fun to look through them. Or I slip them in with notes and packages.

But this year I think a mini journal of my thoughts from these days would be a cool thing to add them to as well. I still need to catch up on so many I think I made 6/30 :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Okay, I was finally able to start my cards for this. I had packed a bunch of supplies to take with me to FL, but I was too distracted to work on them for the first week and a half.

1/6- Myths

5 Likes

2/6- Under the Sea

5 Likes

3/6- Houses

Clownfish live within the tentacles of sea anemones :wink:

I still have 3 more to do. They’re planned out, but I haven’t cut the pieces, yet.

6 Likes

@craftADDchick they are great. I love how you colour the edge of each piece , do you do it with an ink pad?

Thanks! Yes, I have a small ink pad (an Ink Dot) that I use and just lightly brush it along the edge. It gets tricky with the small pieces (I’ve been using tweezers, but my fingertips still end up black) and pieces that have indentations that are close together (like the mermaid arms) because it can get ink on other parts (like the mermaid body). I think I need to find a small ink dauber (maybe a cut cosmetic sponge or a fingertip dauber) to see if that helps.

I got my envelope of paper goodies from @alteredmommy!
I think I will challenge myself and make some ATCs using only the contents of this envelope!

4 Likes

Ooh pretty

What a great assortment of paper goodies! I never come across such cool stuff. How does everyone gather such interesting ephemera?

When I first started out paper crafting I bought some lots from eBay searching on paper ephemera. Now I trade in swaps.

There are also some sites that sell ephemera.

But I strongly do not suggest tinythingsarecute any more. Very poor customer service and I never got my last order nor a refund after several msgs to the owner. She was in the middle of a move and I understand stuff happens but she never followed through.

Book pages - I bought a giant box of books from my local library sale for $3 and got a lot of foreign language texts.

Stamps I save from all my mail and also trade in swaps.

If I have friends that travel overseas I ask them to save me their random bits like train tickets, menus, etc.

1 Like

Thanks! I never thought to look on eBay or other sites to actually buy stuff. I just figured I led a more boring life than others :laughing:

I’ll start keeping my eyes peeled for foreign language books, too, once the thrift stores open up again. I have some local stamps, but not a lot of stamps from other countries. I’ll have to start asking people to save me stuff. I can’t really swap for stuff, because I don’t have any decent stuff to trade. I do have a box with some ephemera in it, so I think I need to go through it with fresh eyes.

if you’d want to make me an herb themed ATC I would send you an envelope of goodies! I have a cork board in my kitchen that I hang herb/spice ATCs on. No pressure though!

I would love to do that! Thanks! I’m hoping to work on some ATCs this weekend, so I’ll see what I can come up with. Any particular herb you’re missing and would like?

Over the years I’ve traded for stuff, had so much gifted to me too! Some of my finds-I search Etsy for small lots of vintage ephemera; my cousin who worked in the main depot of our provincial library saved me a ton of books in other languages destined for the furnace and I just scored a huge lot of old stamps at a stamp store for $20 (not particularly valuable as collectibles but so great for collage!) I travel a lot and always save the random tickets etc, though I’ve also had lots of luck on Etsy finding vintage tickets.

@geekgirl your ATC idea sounds like fun, don’t forget to show us :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m sending you a PM!

Here are the ATCs and coins I made with my paper goodies from @alteredmommy !

I decided to use some bases I had on hand that I had either messed up or had been used to mop up extra paints/inks.

I used a variety of the paper pieces I received and used the punchinella as a stencil. Plus I used paints and ink pens and some sentiments I had and made 4 ATCs and 2 ATCoins.

and made a few extra backgrounds. And I had plenty of extra paper bits leftover for future projects!

6 Likes

My favorite parts are the bits of music popping up unexpectedly.