Weekend White Bread

From Flour Water Salt Yeast.

No knead. Look at this bubbly dough! Tripled in size, nice!

The recipe calls for 1&1/4 hours in the proofing basket but Rob usually does it for less so we split the diff.
Shorter proofing time.

Longer proofing. Both look great!

19 Likes

Yummy!

Iโ€™m jealous. I wants it.

1 Like

Mmmmm, looks delicious!

This looks delicious!

it is SO easy, so easy that itโ€™s almost effortless. The recipe and instructions are in the link. Do not be afraid of this, I have let yeast scare me for far too long. Itโ€™s honestly idiot proof, Iโ€™m telling you.

2 Likes

Looks so yummy!

Robin, my hubby, makes a no knead bread and weโ€™ve experimented with the proof time, anywhere from 1.5 to 12 hours and decided the longer rise doesnโ€™t make it any better. He can make a loaf start to finish in less than 4 hours.

1 Like

Have you tried a poolish or a biga?
The biga is 80% starter, I did not find it made any yummy difference, BUT! The poolish at only 20% starter created such delicious depth of flavour, I was really surprised.
Still, this dummy bread which I find stupidly easy is very good. The moisture level can be a bit high or low, no problem. Still so darn yummy. I will say, I find using a dutch oven really helpful but it can totally be done without.

These 2 loaves took 1/2tsp of yeast. More yeast = less proofing time. We do that for buns, they are very soft & lovely. This bread crackles when it comes out, crispy chewy crust. NOM!

1 Like

Weโ€™ve never tried either but my SIL uses a starter for her bread. Robinโ€™s breads crackles too, which I love hearing.

Those look amazing!

Oooh itโ€™s beautiful! I bet itโ€™s nice and chewy with a crunchy crust. Mmmmmm~

:sparkles: :tada: :sparkles: Congratulations!! This amazing project is one of this weekโ€™s featured projects!! :sparkles: :tada: :sparkles:

i really want to make something like this in the near future it looks really good.

1 Like

Do it! It is so much easier than you probably think.

@Edel, where you looking for bread recipes? This no-knead loaf is easy & delicious.

I use the over night no knead one. And also the ones from the book flour water salt yeast. All excellent. But I need a reliable recipe for a yeasted bread that I can go from decision to make bread to finished loaf in about a couple of hours, and not kneaded by me. I know it wonโ€™t develop as much flavor, but you can always add filling to compensate.

1 Like

Weโ€™re testing this one for you today.

Not pretty but I bet they will be tasty.

Ooohh nice xx

1 Like

Ahh yeah

Nice crunchy crust, moist, tender, airy crumb. It doesnโ€™t have the flavour of a developed yeasty loaf but pretty fabulous for 2 hour bread!

3 Likes