Weird animal tree domes. Pic heavy

These are gifts for my games club. I’ll let them each choose one.

I was going for sweet, maybe vintage. But the weird kind of took over, as it sometimes does.

I blame the ostrich. She has been in my animal drawer for a few years, and really wanted to get out.

I had a sheet of these round stickers, and loved the colors with the tree. I just make it all up as I go.

I added bits of jewelry as top knobs, and colored them with permanent markers.

Dragon is pewter

I got the colored trees at Walmart after Halloween. Black, purple, and striped pink- cream -orange. Half off!

Dragon dome

Western. I bought the metal cactus and critters for a project a few years ago, but they didnt work out. This is much better.

The sheep escaped from a nativity set. It really wanted a belly bow! I don’t understand why, I just complied.

The panda is a chopstick rest. I have a few more, all different poses, if you have any suggestions.

Pink elephant. This was the last, and least successful. Maybe I’ll replace the pachyderm with something else…I have until tuesday.

group shot

I bought the domes specially, ordered online from Dollar Tree. Everything else is stash.

Happy Hollydaze!

19 Likes

I can’t tell you how much I love these! Especially the ostrich.

3 Likes

Oh gosh, yes. Faboo! You leave that pink elly just so, that’s adorable.

2 Likes

Thanks!

I think they’re kind of like illustrations for Fairy Tales you’ve never heard of.

4 Likes

They are perfect…perfectly weird, that is! I love the sheep…wow, what unique gifts…I am sure your friends know exactly who made these for them…that is a testament to you and your creativity and your, er, beautifully weird brain!

2 Likes

How wonderfully weird - so creative and fun!!

2 Likes

Very charming! I love the variety.

3 Likes

These are so quirky and fun! I think the sheep is my favorite. They are all very cute and i am sure everyone got a kick out of them.

2 Likes

So fun! I love the colors of the sheep one, as well as the belly-bowed sheep itself. It’s a cool collection!

1 Like

I love these so hard! The weird of these is truly delightful! (and inspiring) :thinking:

2 Likes

Thanks!
Don’t tell the ostrich, but the sheep is my favorite, too.

1 Like

I love how you composed each of these. Somehow quirky and classy at the same time. That takes some skill. Kudos!

1 Like

Party was today. Somebody didnt make it, so only four domes got chosen. The sheep was first chosen, and the pink elephant and the ostrich are left. Go figure!

3 Likes

These have the perfect blend of festive and fairy tale! The dragon is my fave.

1 Like

These are so very cool, I love the weirdness and creativity!! I especially adore the panda, I would keep that on display all year round :sparkling_heart: :panda_face:

1 Like