Weird Joke Sign

I call this “shitcrafting.” Like shitposting but with crafts. :rofl:
My brother used to work at Home Depot and this one time some kid ran in and called him a “poopsnorkel” and as is mandatory per sibling protocol, I proceeded to call him it on a regular basis for the last ten years. Yes, I am 31. And he’s 28. Lmao.
I found this vintage “sign hugger” thing at the awesome thrift store down the block from my house so I proceeded to make this for some reason and gave it to him.

Yeah… I dunno.

This is the little vintage kit for it:

I really wanted the raccoon and I was sad there wasn’t one there and recently I found one! Lol! Not sure what kind of sign I should make with the duck and raccoon now though.

14 Likes

This is the best thing I’ve read all day.

You’re amazing.

3 Likes

:rofl: thats just how we roll. I gotta make sure I send him strange insults through text message every three weeks to keep up our relationship.

3 Likes

I want to visit your thrift store. (49 cents?!?!) And your sign is hysterical and appropriately over-the-top cute. Love that the package calls that version of the sign holder a “small somebody”.

2 Likes

I know right? Ugh they have the best craft section there. I’ve never found such a good craft section in a thrift store before. They’ve got tons of fabric, tons of papercraft stuff, polymer clay, tons of lace, vintage craft kits, etc… I’ve bought so many amazing vintage craft supplies. I bought TWO weaving looms from there and they were like $4. Something similar bought online would be at least $60. I bought the second one because I like that one better so I might sell the other. I was previously making my looms out of cardboard. Lol.

I gotta figure out what the raccoon sign is gonna say!!! Usually I do things my own way but I really wanted to keep the 70s magic of these things so I went with the design on the back and tried to recreate it.

2 Likes

Oh that is just the perfect gift!! Keeping the 70s design style makes it even more awesome!

1 Like

The wheeze I just whuzzled! You gave me a good laugh this morning!!! :joy::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

lol Inside jokes with family and friends are the best!!

Love the kit…and the colors are really perfect for the time…pink and orange!

I am sure inspiration will come down like a bolt of lightning for your duck…and it will be another clever weird joke sign!

1 Like

THIS. IS. AWESOME. The thrift score, the keeping of the 70s vibe, the inside joke with your brother… perfection! I don’t have siblings, but TheMisterT and his sister have a similar trolling relationship which is usually fun to watch. It also leads to me having a stained glass phallus in my house, soooo…

3 Likes

Thanks!!! I’m glad you like the 70s design! I just can’t help it when I find these 70s crafts at the thrift store. I love vintage and goooosh~~ I feel like it would be a waste.

Yess! I’m glad you think it’s funny. I was snorting every few minutes while I made it. :laughing:

1 Like

Hehehe thank you! Yes I hope I’ll come up with something soon. And the raccoon I got too! :heart_eyes: I love the raccoon especially.

Oh. My god. That’s amazing about the phallus. :laughing: Sounds exactly like something I would do but make it like just a tiny bit subtle or something lmao. Like “oh it’s a light house with some boulders obviously.”
Definitely the best reason to have siblings is to troll them and call them names for no reason. Like just text them for no reason that they look like “a snake’s butt.” Which doesn’t really make sense. Snort

Oh, sibling crafts are the best, especially if they have a bit of pokey snarky fun! This is great, I’d have been giggle-snorting every step of the way too. I love that this style is called “Somebody”, hahaha!

2 Likes

There is a photo of our dearly departed dog’s anus that was accidentally taken, but deliberately sent to his sister via text. And therefore we have a custom made pillow that is a photo of her dearly departed dog’s anus. Sigh. You should see the postcard from Greece we got recently. GRAPHIC. And we live in a smalllllllll town! HA! Oy.

1 Like

Bahaha 70s stuff is so funny. There is often little jokes in there. I’ll have to share some of the kits I’ve found at my thrift on here.

Lmao WHAT? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You all are my people!

Poopsnorkel! Perfect!

2 Likes

I have never seen a sign hugger before but they are absolutely hilarious. I love that you made it into a snarky funny family joke sign. You should ask him where he hung it and insist on seeing it every time you go to his house! LOL!

2 Likes

@Bunny1kenobi hahaha I’m glad people get it. Not everyone would think it’s funny.

@gozer
I hadn’t heard of sign huggers either. The 70s were definitely a different time in the creating world. A lot of vintage crafts at my thrift store is 70s or 80s stuff and a good amount of it is kinda like this. :joy: I can’t help but buy it all. I demanded he put it on his front door in his apartment building. Lol I don’t think he did that. Otherwise I don’t know. I can’t go in there. He has a cat and the dander in there is too much for me. :grimacing:

1 Like