Weirdly Inspirational Notecards

I recently made some notecards for @jemimah in a personal swap.

I painted the backgrounds and drew in the text boxes, and then I filled the outside space with doodles and patterns based on a lesson from Alisa Burke’s Doodle Petite class. For the sentiments, I wanted them to be positive but not schmoopy – sort of inspirational but not overly earnest, because we all know that’s not me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

Here are some shots of the individual cards. They’re all 4x6, which I hoped would give Kirsten some options on how to send them (as postcards, in envelopes like a card, in packages without adding bulk).

If cauliflower can become pizza, you can become anything.

Everything will kill you, so choose something fun.

Don’t be afraid to start all over again. You may like your new story better.

Whenever anything goes wrong in your life, just shout “PLOT TWIST!” and move on.

Imagine how much sound a centipede would make if they wore tiny flip-flops.

These are some of my favorite things I’ve made; it was a little hard to let them go, but I hope Kirsten and the eventual recipients enjoy them as much as I did. Thanks for looking!

(P.S.: Check out the awesome pouch she made me in the personal swap gallery!)

19 Likes

So, so cool! Love the intense colors and the lively patterns. And of course, the messages are a hoot.

1 Like

These are so cheery! WHat fun they would be to find in a package or the mailbox!

1 Like

They are so wonderful! The colours and designs are gorgeous and vibrant, and the messages are the perfect mix of quirky humour and positivity! I’m really going to enjoy sharing them with some special people :smile:

2 Likes

these are all so happy!
my faves are the cauliflower quote & the centipede one

and I actually bought that Doodle Petite class awhile back, so I guess I should watch it & USE it, like you’ve done!

2 Likes

Love them - they are so colourful and fun!

1 Like

Me too! Those were my favorites also. I bought that class, too, but only did half of it.

2 Likes

I LOVE the patterns on these. And the quotes are so fun. Fantastic work.

1 Like

Thanks so much, everyone! The cauliflower pizza thing is pretty much my new motto. (BTW, I forgot to say in the post, all hail Pinterest for the quotes.)

@kayrun and @Lynx, I can’t remember which DP lesson it is offhand; something like “lines and spaces” maybe? I think it’s fairly early in the lineup.

2 Likes

These cards really are a hoot!