Weirdo Spun Cotton Monster

It’s been a while guys, this is the first non-wip item I made this year. :woman_shrugging::woman_facepalming:

I skimmed through this tutorial to figure out the process https://youtu.be/fKPNFu_mb4k

I built the base with paper, Masking tape, chip board, and wire. Plastered on cotton ball fluff with watered down glue. I added a layer of gesso for my own sanity. Painted. Ta-dah!

29 Likes

He’s weird and creepy and cute and I love him. :yellow_heart:

1 Like

That is amazing. I love everything about it!

1 Like

So cool and organic feeling. Love the paint job too!

1 Like

Wow! He’s very cool! I can see him as part of a menagerie of monsters.

3 Likes

This is beyond cool! I absolutely LOVE it!!! The heart nose. The little teeth, the way the color blends, those stripes arms! Amazing!

2 Likes

So cute, but he looks like he needs a friend, are you starting a party?

2 Likes

He is awesome! It amazes me that you started with nothing and ta da! Here he is in all his glory!

1 Like

Hes just the coolest! I feel like he needs friends/cronies

2 Likes

Thank you everyone!!! I’m beyond thrilled with him and will be making more soon!

2 Likes

What a fun little weirdo!

1 Like

Congrats! Your Spun Cotton Monster is one of this week’s featured projects. Way to go!

1 Like

I just learned about spun cotton, so it’s excellent to see you made one! I particularly love his feet and color palette!

@Harlan! Look at this spun cotton creation!

2 Likes

That is so cool and so YOU, you have such a personal and unique colour scheme.

1 Like

this fella is perfect! and your paint blending skills slay me.

Oh my, I could not love this little critter more. Great job!

1 Like

The colors and texture you got on this guy are just amazing. He’s so cool and weird and lovely!

1 Like

That is awesome!! I’d never heard of this technique before, so thanks for sharing the tutorial, as well! I love the colors and shapes and textures you combined. He’s a very lovely monster all around. :smiley: