Welcome to the Nut House

Hello, and welcome to the Nut House. A squirrel lives here! This whimsical mushroom house kit from Alpha Stamps almost made me forget how effed up 2020 is. Almost. At least it was a fun distraction.

The house comes with a niche, so it’s easy to make a front room. A little sugar glider has moved in, and he brought a large acorn along with him.

This squirrel appreciates a nice garden. The yard is made with a combo of Field Grass, Green Turf Grass, Leafy Green Underbrush, and Clump Foliage, which makes for beautiful red flowers along the path. The path is composed of Miniature Brown Path Pebbles and “stones” made from egg cartons (click here for a tutorial on making egg carton stones). Oh look, there’s some mail!

The mailbox pretty easy to make. The bottom of the box was made from a rectangular shutter that was included in the door and window set made especially for the mushroom house. I painted it black and then glued a strip of black card stock to each side to make the rounded top. Once the top was in place, I put a thin bead of glue on the back of the box and set it on the card stock. Once that glue was dry, I carefully cut around the edge to make the back of the box. In the photo on the right, you can see how the door was made: a piece of the card stock is trimmed to fit the opening, with extra paper to go up under the bottom. This will allow the door to open and close. The flag was attached with a tiny brad.

The mailbox stands on a painted wooden spindle. The enclosed letter is written with a .05 pen on typing paper, and the envelope was made with the same. The “postcard” is a label from a collage sheet, mounted on thin cardboard and trimmed. That’s a teeny tiny letter! It’s pictured below on a 1" grid.

Goodbye, Mr. Squirrel. Enjoy the Nut House!

25 Likes

This just gets cuter and cuter with every pic!

So cute, I love the mailbox so much!

That is just the cutest!

Oh, I love this! You really nailed all the little details.

Super fab. Love the mail box and mail!

Your work is always sheer perfection, and incredibly detailed! The nut house is totally charming!

Hahahahaha! Brilliant.

So cute!!

Utterly adorable.

Everything about this nut house is fabulous!

Thanks, everyone. :heart:

This is so sweet and perfect for fall. Love that sugar glider friend!

Adorable house and that little mailbox with the wee letters is perfect! “I love your nutty self.” Squee!

Oh gosh I love it. :heart:

HOW DID I MISS THIS!? It’s downright adorable and fun! I especially love that the resident is a flying squirrel.