What I Love About This Site

I am feeling kind of slapped in the face today and not really feeling the love that is needed for this site. So instead of letting it get me down I am going to talk about what I love about this site.

I love seeing old faces and reconnecting
I love all the crafts
I love meeting new people
As someone who is behind the scenes I know all of the hard work it takes to keep it going. It seems effortless but believe me it is not. I love sweets4ever for giving herself to us
I love that our members help each other

I know that there is still a lot to be done (swapping, challenges, new ideas) but this site is my happy place and I hope it is yours too.

36 Likes

Definitely my happy place. Love to you and Sweets and all that you guys do behind the scenes. :love_letter:

11 Likes

Not sure what’s going on behind the scenes that’s making you feel this way. I love the site so far. I’m enjoying seeing all the crafty goodness and all the other topics that are active. I’ve been a tad quite the last couple weeks due to hooking my fingers to the bones! Thank you for all you do!

11 Likes
  1. I am so sorry that your are feeling hurt.
  2. You, @sweets4ever, and the rest of the team are truly my heroes. You have all given so much of your time, money, sweat, and tears to keep our community going. I am so very, very grateful. Thank you.
  3. 2020 had been a pretty awful year for me so far. LC has been my refuge. Crafting and connecting with others has literally been the things that have kept me sane in this trying time. I don’t know what I would do without all of you.
  4. Hugs. Please know the vast majority of folks are grateful for all you have done and continue to do. Don’t let the haters get you down. :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:
19 Likes

I have been feeling myself in a crafty slump because of work eating up my hours and energy but I still check in every day here and try to post lots of encouraging comments, share projects old and new, and keep myself motivated and engaged. Change is difficult for lots of people, me included, and many crafty people aren’t particularly techy so some of how the internet works is a confusing mystery. I know I am utterly baffled by a lot of things others take completely for granted but I’m sure the behind-the-scenes is a flurry of mad work. This place is free to use and not because our data is being quietly scraped and sold off to other companies, there are no ads, there is no spam or rudeness or nastiness of any kind. If there’s one thing I do know about the internet, it’s that This Is RARE and should be appreciated for how unique and special it is.

17 Likes

I really appreciate all your hard work and dedication. I truly believe that this is a beautiful site and you and Sweets have done the most amazing job. Things take time. I hope everyone will remember that there are humans behind the screen putting this all together for us. :purple_heart:

15 Likes

I love that this site, and its predecessor, have allowed me to find my tribe, and given me some of my closest friends.

In the words of Ron Weasley, ‘Don’t let the Muggles get you down’. :purple_heart:

15 Likes

I love this site for giving me a home and friends that I would have never found otherwise.

So much love to @sweets4ever and @kittykill for creating this new place for us to gather.

16 Likes

I love seeing all the creativity and how it gives me a place to share my creativity. :slight_smile: I enjoy the swapping as well as its always fun to send and recieve happy mail. :slight_smile: And I love how it feels like a real community where people care about one another and how kind and supportive everyone is here. :blue_heart:

13 Likes

I love that intelligent, caring and hardworking people are willing to put their own lives on hold a bit to provide this new home for us…many thanks to those behind the scenes. At times, I know you guys get as discouraged and frustrated but yet, you plod on. It takes courage, determination, and sometimes a strong stomach to get through it all and still be positive and kind to everyone.

Thanks, @kittykill, for reminding us that more good than bad is in our lives…we just need to see it sometimes through the eyes of others. Love you and all here who share the same “family” vision for this site, even when it means we must take in the oddballs and cranky ones! :smiley:

18 Likes

I love being able to see peoples creativity and such fun discussions. I want to be more active on this site because it’s an awesome community. It was a great place as craftster and it’s amazing as lettuce!

13 Likes

Sometimes things hurt us more than we should let them because of the passion, the pride, the love we have poured into them. You’re all exceptional people, (The mod squad), doing an exceptional job.

I love exactly that. That in the time of crisis, when this site could have gone the way of so many others before it, you all stepped into the void and took on the task of keeping it alive. This place is full of incredible giving artists and people we call family.

Head up @kittykill, keep being the exquisite, passionate goddess that you have always been. We see you and we love you and all of the mod squad members.

17 Likes

Yes to all of this. The situation hurts because there is as much of your heart invested in this site as the most massive, personal of art projects.
I would argue that what people say and do right now is even less personal than usual, though; the global love-meter feels rather low with all that is going on in the world, and interactions may reflect that. As for our community specifically, it was just a few months ago that we were immersed in full on grief, and there are countless ways the remnants of that grief can play into our behaviors and relationships to this site/community.
That doesn’t change whatever happened, but my point is that you are loved, the site is loved, and there is absolutely no way to make everybody happy with it or how you run it. So do it for you, and for what you love. :kissing_heart: We all have to share the load to make this thing work and last; what might be delegated to reduce individual workload and stress?

I don’t have any better words right now, and I wish I could take away the slapped feeling. Since I can’t, maybe the answer is to slap Oiser Boudreaux, instead…

(Another thing I love about this site is the ability to embed relevant media and other site links so we are more connected to the rest of the web than in our old home!)

19 Likes

Lettuce Craft is my favourite place on the internet by far. It’s the only site I miss when I’m not able to visit, when work/life gets in the way. I love the kindness, encouragement, and creativity here. And a huge part of that is thanks to you @kittykill and @sweets4ever - I’m so grateful for everything you do for this community!

12 Likes

I am sad to hear that you’re dealing with something so negative (whatever it may be), @kittykill! The thing that I love so much about this site is that it is, hands down, the most positive and supportive community I have ever visited on the internet. And, I love and appreciate all of the hard work that you and @sweets4ever and @mr.sweets4ever and all of the moderators are putting into the site to make it such a fun, new place. The old site helped me to expand my craft skills so much! And, if the community hadn’t been so supportive, that never would have happened. The sharing of tutorials and the inspiration that comes from projects that are posted has done more for me than I can express. Even now, I’m about to dip my toes into the waters of mixed media, and it’s because of the inspiration and encouragement that I have found on Lettuce Craft!

So, even though I do not come from a family of big huggers, I would definitely give you a big, huge hug today!

18 Likes

@kittykill, just like all those before me today, I want you to know that you are loved and appreciated. It hurts when a situation makes you feel the way you are feeling—I hope it only lasts a little while and the love and encouragement that makes this space so special shines on.

This is my happy corner in the internet, as well.

Thank you for being you and for all you, sweets, and the mod squad do.

13 Likes

This broke my heart. I know that you and our administrative crew give your blood, sweat and tears for everyone here and I have nothing but respect and appreciation for that. Sending you love, and all my love and appreciation for the home that you’ve built here for all of us. :heart: :orange_heart: :yellow_heart: :green_heart: :blue_heart: :purple_heart:

14 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear this. I really truly adore this site and community and have extolled its virtues to so many people. I don’t know what’s going on, but I do know that so many of us love and appreciate this site and all of its hardworking mods!!

In fact, just yesterday I was able to meet two other LCers for the first time - people I’d interacted with and swapped with before but never met in person - and it was so wonderful to feel like we were just somehow picking up a conversation we’d always been a part of!

Me, @lindyv321 , @Bunny1kenobi , and @storerboughtcreation yesterday!!

I have always loved this community, and I now love this new site even more because it’s so easy to use and navigate and browse other projects, and it’s so active and friendly and full of life! I am constantly inspired by everyone here and hope to continue to be for some time!!

23 Likes

Kittykill, thank you so much for opening up and sharing your feelings here! I think I speak for all of us when I say that all of our arms are open to give you a biiiigggg bear hug! squeeze I’ve gotten to know you better since being on this site and I thing you are a wonderful, caring, talented, smart, compassionate, and funny person! I hope by the time you read this you are feeling better!

11 Likes

Thank you all so much. You are amazing, caring and creative people. You inspire me. I truly loves you guys. This week was very trying but feeling all the love has me given me a new outlook. :heart: :heart: :heart:

27 Likes