What’s Up With All the CATS

I’m not a fan of cats (don’t throw anything at me) and I’ve never made a cat until five months ago, now I’ve made three! My last three swaps partners (two on IG) have wanted cats :woozy_face:

This is for a spring themed swap, it doesn’t really say spring to me but my partner posted something similar in her mosaic, two people commented on it and both times she replied that she’d love this cat so I did my best to duplicate it. No designer was tagged and I didn’t want to go through all the work of figuring it out, so I used a combination of scrappy and raw edge appliqué.

I had an oops on the top star but was able to patch it, you can’t tell from the front but can from the back.

22 Likes

Original on the L, mine on the R

18 Likes

Wow, spot on reproduction of that cat! The fabric on the back is a hilarious combination. Good on you for dealing with cats even though you aren’t a fan. Dog person? No-pet-person?

2 Likes

Cats invented the internet to complete their alien invasion and domestication of earth. Since these are swaps online it makes sense there is an unbalanced amount of cats.

Sorry.

7 Likes

You did a great job recreating this piece for her. She’s bound to be thrilled! I like your scrappy binding.

The fact that you aren’t a cat person, but have made 3 different cat themed crafts because that’s what your partners have wanted makes you a pretty darn good swap partner!

6 Likes

Very cool! Love the style.

1 Like

@irid3sc3nt Dogs are what I grew up with and we had when our sons were young. I prefer smaller ones.

@sloth003 :joy::woozy_face:

@AudiobookLover Thanks, in my mind the whole point of swapping is to make something your partner wants and hopefully loves.

6 Likes

I grew up with dogs and a cat and a fish. Our dogs were outdoor dogs, though, and we lived in the country so they had room to roam and we didn’t have to walk them or pick up their poop (unless they pooped on the deck). Those are the two reasons I don’t want a dog now, plus the barking. If I did have a dog, I’d want a really old one that just laid around and wasn’t concerned about going for a walk or barking. It just wants to lie in a warm spot and get belly rubs. That’s pretty much what my cats do, so…

3 Likes

Gorgeous work and beautiful binding.

2 Likes

I absolutely agree! One of the thing I love about swaps is that it gives me a chance to work outside my comfort zone and try something I normally wouldn’t.

3 Likes

Your partner is going to be thrilled with this. How big is it?
PS. And cats rule. :joy_cat:

4 Likes

Monkey is surprised that someone doesn’t love cats. :rofl:

I love the quilt. I hope the recipient loves it as much as I do!

8 Likes

Wonderful! Love the stylish kitties!

2 Likes

It’s 18” x 21”

2 Likes

Its because she hasnt met you Monkey. :heart:

2 Likes

Such a fun and funky modern design! You nailed it!

1 Like

Spot on! You did a fantastic job!!

1 Like

:tulip: :sunflower: Congrats! This project is bloomin’ fantastic and one of this week’s featured projects! :sunflower: :tulip:

2 Likes

I quite prefer your quilting to the original, looks great!

1 Like