What should I do to make this shirt awesome?

I want to turn this dark navy blue shirt into something that looks more fun by painting/bleaching/sewing/ etc. but I have no ideas. So please give me some.

1 Like

I’m no expert, so I’m going to ask a few questions that might help (might not) steer to what you want:

• What styles do you like to wear - or aspire to wear? e.g. tie dye
  • What would you not like to do (in case of ruining the top)? bleaching
  • Probably should be first Question: - how much do you love the top / are willing to ruin it by practising something?

There will be many that can help with this more than me.

3 Likes

I’m not super attached to this shirt, I thrifted it for pretty cheap so I’m willing to do something that could possibly ruin it. Here is a shirt I made before for reference

3 Likes

Another one I made before:

3 Likes

So for style probably like grunge, spray painted, creative looks and I love wearing stars too, if that helps

2 Likes

I watched some videos (I think on Instagram reels?) about bleaching flannel shirts using stencils so a mix of boho and lumberjack. I might try it altho I’m neither bohemian or lumberjack-y. But I like to try new things.

2 Likes

What about covering it a ton of slow stitching / sashiko stitching

3 Likes

My first idea would be to add embroidery in yellow, pink, bright colours. But sashiko stitching in white would also look really nice!

2 Likes

I am obsessed with wearing stars. How about continuing that theme but having them fall from the shoulders and have less of them as it goes down?

1 Like

This sounds like you might want to start with a pinterest search or checking out a library book on garment make-overs for inspiration.