What's Clear, Plastic, and hard to find? Transparent Ribbon Riddle

Hi ya’ll! I’m new to LettuceCraft so I hope this post follows the rules correctly. I’ve seen Etsy and other Ribbon sellers selling clear plastic ribbons with patterns printed on them from companies like ACI Wholesale. I’m trying to find the clear plastic ribbon (varying sizes) without any printing in hopes that I can figure out how to print my own designs on clear ribbon. My Waldo like problem is I can’t seem to find this type of ribbon without any printing. I found one mention at Walmart for a ‘Clear Transparent Plastic Unwired Ribbon’ but it was just one size and sold out. Anyone have any experience with this kind of ribbon or have any thoughts on how I might find some? Or know a company with this type of ribbon offering custom printing? Any thoughts on best type of machine for printing on clear plastic ribbon? I’m pretty good at crafting ideas, just get lost sometimes trying to find the right materials and machines to bring my ideas to life. Thank you! Enjoy your week!

3 Likes

First of all, welcome to LettuceCraft! This community is full of the kindest, most encouraging people. We are so glad you joined us.

About the ribbon, this is a tough one. I just checked eBay with no luck. I will keep thinking and looking.

p.s. The eBay results did give me clear, transparent, underwire plastic bras. :flushed::flushed::flushed: I thought we left torture devices in the middle ages.

4 Likes

Hello and welcome! My only suggestion might be using “non-adhesive tape” as a search term if you have not already. I don’t know that I have seen the kind of ribbon your talking about, but tape is a term used for colored plastic sold in rolls for other industries - flagging tape, “police tape,” etc. Maybe manufacturers and distributers of those things also have clear options? Good luck!

3 Likes

Could you use a roll of window plastic and cut it into strips? Not ideal, I know, but it might work.

2 Likes

Ali Express sells all sorts of ribbons

Many people here have purchased from this company safely…but shipping can take a while.

3 Likes

Welcome!

I found something on AliExpress. Not sure if this is what you are looking for…

It comes in transparent colors also.

I would have no idea how to print on this. Maybe make vinyl lettering/designs small enough for the width of the ribbon and adhere it?

I’d love to see what you’re making when you’re done!

3 Likes

You could use glue and glitter! They have precut letters that are tiny…put them on face up on the underside of the ribbon, paint on glue, glitter or paint or stamp…I see lots of possibilities for this!

2 Likes

@AIMR and @Bunny1kenobi I am so glad you suggested Ali Express. I was trying to think of the name but all I could come up with was “that company that @Edel uses all the time.” :smile:

4 Likes

All.the.time!

5 Likes