What's cookin', good lookin'?

I thought of that, but they were just so small, but maybe I should have. oof!

My stomach is so mad at me, and keeps snapping at me whenever I grab my batter spoon to clean out the bowl. :rofl:

5 Likes

They are small but I think they are a really nice gift size. If I’ve used a recipe, I’ll often include it so people know the ingredients & can bake it themselves too. I can’t comfortably eat anything like that myself, IBS & GERD don’t love bread, sweets, fats. Good thing I like veggies!

Oh, your crumbled loaf would probably still make a nice bread pudding.

1 Like

Uh oh! That’s not good…because it’d be so good. I can already hear my lungs singing to my GERD, :musical_note: Take my breath away.

I have to do it, though. I HAVE NO CHOICE…AAAAAAH! :rofl:

Edit:

Well, maybe not. I had only one piece of the zucchini bread not long after writing this, about six hours ago, and my stomach is still a bit queezy. Thankfully it’s not the worst that the GERD can do. (Mostly it’s like the feelings when I eat too much sugar. Mostly just nauseous). If I made these for myself I would have cut out half if not more of the sugar, and I forgot that I wasn’t making them for myself, :no_mouth:. Even before the GERD, I still couldn’t eat things with a lot of sugar.

1 Like

Another pressure cooker win! Rump roast, such a tough cut. It was fall-apart delicious, yum! & that gravy, omg. Beef broth & red wine. We put in extra liquid so the leftovers can be poured onto grains or veg for another meaty meal, even though technically meat-less.

Chicken legs, thighs & backs are next. I would never buy a plastic instapot but the stainless steel pressure cooker is a fave appliance forever now.

5 Likes

I am running out of ideas for food for my GERD and possibly my metabolism (at least whatever demands I have meat/more. Although I do love veggies, my body will act like I never ate anything and go into extreme starvation mode, :roll_eyes: ).

So this, although not the best, is hoping I can get something out of it.

milk, garlic, onion, nutmeg, clove, dill weed, a small amount of romano cheese, butter, flour, and fried zucchini for the noodles.

Taste wise, it’s pretty good. Could use some white wine and maybe a lemon, too, but meh, don’t have any, heh.

I really need to start looking into other types of sauces, too. try to cut back on the butter and cheese. But what? :thinking:

3 Likes

How about this topic. I love sauces & flavour-enhancers!

2 Likes

welp, that kicked my brain in gear…(mental note to self: make a note after this comment).

I read beet dip on that post and my brain just went into overdrive. I loooooove beets, and I bet I could make a nice sauce for some things with just one. Then I remembered the butternut squash soup I can buy, and I know I could do some things with that, too. Plus one site I was reading a few moments ago re-iterated almond milk (I drink those milks so fast I keep forgetting to try and cook with them, :no_mouth: ).

Ok! let’s make a list…

Ooh! If I made some apple, plum, pumpkin, etc gnocchi, I just got a few more ideas for fruity sauces.

Please oh please, brain, let me remember this stuff, :rofl:

2 Likes

Premade some lunches for myself so I don’t skip lunch or eat junk:

• bbq ground venison (using the recipe for BBQ Turkey Sandwiches here)
  • sweet potato (made in the crockpot - so easy!)
  • veggies (carrots, green beans, broccoli)
  • grapes
7 Likes

What a genius use of those silicone cups! I don’t feel safe baking in that material but they make great separaters for cute lunches. Everything looks tasty & healthy.

1 Like

Welp, I made one of the sauces…Had a butternut that ripened way too early. So I used it (with a few cubes of the sweet potato just in case it wasn’t enough), and it’s darn good.

Gnocchi, Zucchini, Green tomato, and Butternut Sauce - Album on Imgur (Where I posted more info on it).

5 Likes

well, darn it. I got a couple good size beets to make some sauces with, and I just now realized carrots could have been used as a filler to make the beets go farther. oh well. Heh!

ever since I got the idea to make a beet pasta sauce, I’ve been trying to come up with a good ‰!odojo…Had a spider crawling on my arm, :scream: …Where was I? oh yes…decide on what herbs, spices, etc to use…Something is telling me cinnamon would be better than nutmeg, but I’ve never used cinnamon as a seasoning in a pasta sauce…So I don’t have a reference. :thinking:. I did get a lemon…sooooo, beets, garlic, thyme, cinnamon, sugar, butter, and lemon…Nah, I don’t think milk (almond or cow) would be to my liking. and I don’t think I want to dilute the beet down with the lemon either.

Noodles? uh oh! I ran out of my favorite noodles (taught my nephew how to make a red sauce). Meh, I think I want to make my own noodles anyway. They’d be tastier with a beet sauce anyway. I think more water than egg…Hmm! coconut milk…Hmm! coconut milk with whole wheat…or sweet potato? :thinking: Oof! I’ve got a lot of ideas, but I need to clean up my counter first anyway, heh. so stop it. :rofl:

I’ll try my darnedest to keep track of the measurements for the ingredients for whatever I make (just in case anyone else is nutty enough to try what I make, :rofl:).

3 Likes

I had slow cooked chicken thighs with roasted carrots and potatos.

4 Likes

Leftovers for lunch, with all the sauces!

5 Likes

I don’t know what’s cookin’… My FIL is in my kitchen doing, something… It smells delicious.

He’s got out the Instant Pot, and I hear something sizzling. He’s gone through the spice cupboard, and the fridge, gathering supplies, and took a trip to Aldi for good measure. I’ll report back when I know more. But for now, I’m going to be machine quilting while the In-Laws watch my child and cook for me. Snide or jealous comments accepted. :joy:

10 Likes

Welp, the new tool didn’t work as I’d hope. Meh, just went with fettuccine.

Made from one steamable bag of walmart brand cubed butternut squash. a little salt, and one tablespoon olive oil. I’d say this is half the batch (perfect sized portions for myself…sort of. I should eat twice this amount, O_o. heh). Legs hurt too much at the moment so will make the rest soon.

5 Likes

Oof! this is bad. The beet, garlic, rhubarb, cinnamon, sugar might have been fine…if I only stopped there. chard, romano cheese, fresh ginger…Nooooooooo! and overcooked the noodles a bit too much. :no_mouth:Regardless, though, I think I won’t like beet pasta sauce. :frowning_face: take another bite…and separate the flavors… Nope! not something I would like. Well, drat, heh.

On a side note, does seem like rhubarb will work with beets…so will have to think about what to do with that, heh heh heh!

5 Likes

At least it’s pretty. That is a fabulous color.

4 Likes

My bananas were on the verge of becoming too ripe for the kids’ tastes. Just your basic banana bread, Better Homes & Gardens recipe, plus a pinch of ground cloves.

7 Likes

Oh, I like that pan! Banana bread always takes nearly twice as long to bake as any recipe says, maybe a hole in the middle would make it go faster.

3 Likes

It does! This took about 38 minutes, and it’s a recipe that always overfills a standard bread pan. And the bottom doesn’t get overdone before the center cooks. This pan (Simax) was on my wishlist for precisely this job… Just about the best Christmas gift ever. It feels delicate, but it’s tempered glass.

2 Likes