What's your Gnomenclature? Needle Felting

Proto-typing

Special ordered the fiber for their hair/beards.

23 Likes

Oooh, are these your first gnomes?? They’re great!! Look at those wee noses! XD I especially love the fellow in the red polka-dot jacket. :slight_smile: And the beard fiber is just perfect!! What is it?

2 Likes

That beard hair is so adorable! Especially the brown with the touches of white.

These are fantastic!!!

2 Likes

The fiber is Shetland - it has the best micro-tiny curls!!

I’ve done gnomes before a lot of whom were weezards:

But these are gnew gnomes made with armatures and stuff.
Need to buy or dye fiber for better skin tones. Was just working with what I have now.

This is Boris who sat on my work table in the old studio.

7 Likes

The brown-haired one looks like a leprechaun to me!

2 Likes

Totally digging the curly beards, especially the two-tone!

1 Like

These are so much fun! The hair/beards are inspired, & I like the cross-front jacket on the taller one. :green_heart:

1 Like

Phe-gnome-enal!

The dark haired one in the first picture looks like he’s wearing a Castro-style army cap. (But it looks different in the other picture. )

Most fibers can be curled by wrapping them around a wire or stick (knitting needles work great). Set with hair spray, water, or heat.

1 Like

Wow! So cool! I can’t believe the detail. The noses are awesome.

1 Like

They are all so wonderful but I love the inclusive skin tones of these most recent curly-locked fellers best of all!

1 Like

These guys are superb!!!

1 Like

These are wonderful. I’m cracking up at weezards.

1 Like

Thank you!! They were fun to make!

I have another finely crimped fiber that make gnome hair more like the hair on the weezards where the curl isn’t so well defined.

These were proto-types so I expect to see mice and gnome interactions eventually. :slight_smile:

Congrats, your project is featured this week!

1 Like

When I’m finished squealing over those luxurious, two-toned curls, the expressive structure of their faces and perfect noses will surely need attention.

1 Like

Thanks!! :slight_smile:
Natural Shetland locks! Great curl and natural bleaching at the tips! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oooooo THANKS!!! :smiley: :gnome: no gnome emoji

1 Like

i imagine it’s inevitable! can’t wait!

1 Like